Need bloating relief

Options
alexmose
alexmose Posts: 792 Member
Anyone else bloated bc of their high veggie and protein intake?? Trying to eat healthier but I feel so bloated. Any advice?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe eat less vegs and protein, or at least ease into it?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Try eating less fibrous vegies, or cook them more if you're eating them raw or close to it..
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Cooking/steaming veggies helps. A PT recommended me once to eat artichokes which help the liver digest all the protein, and fennel to help with indigestion (and gas) which can be caused by a more elevated protein intake.

I like to boil artichokes with lemon and have them as a side. Fennel is delicious slowly roasted in the oven as a side as well, or as part of a soup which is a good way to have your veggies at night (cooked, + you're getting your water intake too).

I like to have hot water with freshly squeezed lemon juice in the morning around 20 mins before breakfast, especially after days where I've eaten out as I feel it does help my body get over the bloat quicker.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    where are you getting your protein from ? .... a lot of people are somewhat intolerant to the lactose in whey powders and if you are eating protein / diet bars then Xantham Gum, inulin (think chicory root) can be a major "bum" ache, literally