Question for my fellow big chested MFP girls!!

Options
I went from a 36C to a 38DD since having my lil one. And so far they haven't shown any signs of going back down! Any suggestions on where to get some good, supportive sport bras? My Wal-Mart ones just don't cut it anymore!!!

Replies

• jenanigans_from_space
    Options
    I'm a 38DD, and I use the highest support Berlei bra available. It was ~AUD$50, BUT they go on sale EOFY and Boxing Day (usually down by 30% or more), so I save up for those!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you look at the Title Nine sports website, they have their bras rated by dumbells for support. I'm a 36DD - I use "The Last Resort" - the only 5 dumbbell bra. For when you've tried everything else and really don't want to move. Its an engineering wonder. LOL
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Dillard's if you've got one and barenecessities.com and movingcomfort.com if you don't. Some people will also recommend layering your bras, but I've never figured it out and I'm pretty sure I'd suffocate.
  • LovenderNurse
    LovenderNurse Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Same exact thing happened to me after I had my daughter, same size and all. I've found that the ONLY bras that fit me and are supportive as well as flattering were from Victoria's Secret. Their bras are so expensive but I wait til they have their bra sales (3x a year) and then I go insane!!! :)))
  • jewel22887
    Options
    Lane Bryant's Clinique bras are made from the same company as VS but have wider straps and are super supportive. Still expensive but the have half off or buy one get one a few times a year. I'm a 38G and they hold them fine :)
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've also heard good things about the playtex 18 hour bras. Haven't tried one yet but my friend who are also busty recommended them. That might be a more affordable option for when VS and LB aren't on sale.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and I adore the champion bras. They have several maximum hold bras and I've always had great results with them. There are some that give separation too if you're not into the uniboob ones. Personally I like them since I put my HRM under my bra and it seems to fit better without separation and underwires. They come in fun colors too. Pretty easy to find too. The Sport Authority near me has a lot of them. You just have to know which one you're looking for. They are about $40-$50 each, but they are totally worth the investment. I know that Moving Comfort is also a super popular one.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    If you're looking for sports bras, what you buy is significantly more important than where you buy it. I had NO idea that sports bras were rated for impact level until the Scheel's a couple towns over was having a huge sale and I decided it was time to buy a decent one. I ended up with a high-impact Under Armour in some seriously neon yellow.

Otherwise, I buy my bras from Torrid.com
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump to find later! need to find a shop that ships overseas...
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36 DD. Moving Comfort bras ROCK!!!! Champion has good bras, but man are they ugly! I have 1 of them, but I find myself wearing my MC bra I got at REI more than any other. I'm hoping to find some on sale so I can push the uglier ones to the back shelf. You need a bra with very little stretch in it. They can be a bit tricky to get into (or out of if you are really sore!), but they keep the girls in place.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I second the Lane Bryant. I caught them on sale and got two for 30$. Amazing support, comfortable straps and the women there will measure you if you want to make sure you have a proper fit as well as wearing it properly.
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wacoal and Freya are excellent for support. If you can't find them where you are, freshpair.com sells them and has free shipping.

I also really like layering the Rhonda Shear 'Ahh Bra'... 2 or 3 of them to get enough support, or layering one over a regular bra works great to minimize back rolls. I use one to sleep in (not layered) because they really are that comfy. :)

(i'm a 34DD but i used to be a 34F when i was heavier... so i understand the need for support and comfort)

My Curves racerback sports bra is my fav to workout in though.

*edit* freshpair.com also has the Champion and Moving Comfort bras that have been recommended by others here... i haven't tried them personally, but they look good too. :)
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    I think im in the wrong thread

..but it feels so right
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Up your soy intake by 500 grams and you'll need a bra in no time, son.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options

..but it feels so right

Are you lurking for the running support test?
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options

..but it feels so right

Are you lurking for the running support test?

running support test? I'm unaware of this
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    obviously she thinks youre on test bro
  • Tresiel
    Tresiel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    obviously she thinks youre on test bro

Must be with those killer quads
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member