Turkey neck reversal?

Options
I'm near my goal..everything is looking good..except my neck. Did any of you have this happen, and does it go away or improve with time? Please share any tips that worked for you.

I'm using neck cream and doing some facial exercises in an effort to improve the situation. I was wondering if I should do some exercises to thicken my neck a bit to make up for volume loss.

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Time, though tbh I am not sure if it has gotten that much better or I am just getting used to it. :) I do think it has improved some and it has only been a few months since I got close enough to goal that the size didn't change much more (was going slow toward the end) and then I have been maintaining about 2 months.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I just had a facial and she told met strivectin has a neck treatment. Around here, you can find it at Marshall's and TJMaxx.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I'm near my goal..everything is looking good..except my neck. Did any of you have this happen, and does it go away or improve with time? Please share any tips that worked for you.

I'm using neck cream and doing some facial exercises in an effort to improve the situation. I was wondering if I should do some exercises to thicken my neck a bit to make up for volume loss.

also you arent going to "thicken" your neck you would have to build a lot of muscle in that area and many women dont have thick necks when they build muscle unless they use an illegal substance. if its not a lot that cool sculpting thing may work but its pricey.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Time, though tbh I am not sure if it has gotten that much better or I am just getting used to it. :) I do think it has improved some and it has only been a few months since I got close enough to goal that the size didn't change much more (was going slow toward the end) and then I have been maintaining about 2 months.

Looking in the mirror with a more critical eye after I posted that, i think it is a little of both. It does look better but it could be tighter. So time helps but it may take longer or stop short of being perfect.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I wonder what that 'cool sculpting" can do for this...saw a commercial on it but would like to know details.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    I wonder what that 'cool sculpting" can do for this...saw a commercial on it but would like to know details.

I think it's a big woo, i wouldn't waste any money on it.
    Zodikosis wrote: »
    Time, if that, or else surgery. Creams and OTC cosmetics don't fix that kind of issue, no matter what it says on the bottle.

Second that too, it's all just empty promises to get you to open your wallet. It can get pricey really fast, and no results but they sell somehow to desperate people anyway. Give it time, use moisturizers, but don't give in to the expensive ones. They're all same, imho. So no reason to pay more. Mine has improved some, not perfect, and didn't reverse clock, but good enough.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »

I think it's a big woo, i wouldn't waste any money on it.
    Zodikosis wrote: »
    Time, if that, or else surgery. Creams and OTC cosmetics don't fix that kind of issue, no matter what it says on the bottle.

Second that too, it's all just empty promises to get you to open your wallet. It can get pricey really fast, and no results but they sell somehow to desperate people anyway. Give it time, use moisturizers, but don't give in to the expensive ones. They're all same, imho. So no reason to pay more. Mine has improved some, not perfect, and didn't reverse clock, but good enough.

cool sculpting can help if you have very little fat that wont come off no matter how much you lost. its not big woo. its been proven to work nothing compared to creams and so on.there is also another thing they can inject into your skin(not botox) that has been proven to tighten the area up. but for most its due to weak muscles and sometimes they need surgery to help the muscles hold things up
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I would talk to a dermatologist and ask what your options are.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't cool sculpting make it worse if it removes fat? I don't know much about it just see the commercials,my "turkey neck" looks waaaay better if I keep it moisturized if I skip a day or two its a wrinkly,saggy mess
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Wouldn't cool sculpting make it worse if it removes fat? I don't know much about it just see the commercials,my "turkey neck" looks waaaay better if I keep it moisturized if I skip a day or two its a wrinkly,saggy mess

dont know if it would make it worse or not. from the research I did it says its a good candidate and works, so does that other injection(I think it starts with a K) anyway for many it may mean surgery though.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    @elisa123gal, if you are going to be paying out for an expensive cream, research the effective ingredients, and if the cream you are buying carries enough of that ingredient to give you the results you are looking for.

Copper peptides have been shown to have some benefits when applied topically, but generally speaking, unless specified, OTC (non prescription) creams carry a a lower than optimum dosage.

A retinol cream may be something to consider also. Again dosage matters.

If the packaging of the product you are being sold does not give a percentage of the active ingredient you are interested in, check the website. If you still can't get that information, choose a product that provides the information.

Do your research first.

Cheers, h.
    Very good info.. the expensive cream..i purchased out of desperation, and it says 'peptides' on the website but doesn't list them. i figure it must have copper peptides.

. However, i am a long time user of copper peptides by skin biology ..which are strong.....and i should just stick with those. My face looks great from using them for years..but i have neglected my neck..and my 40 pound weight loss is showing only on my neck..the rest of me is good to go i also use retin A..but just started after a few year break when i started my weight loss.

i do feel hopeful these two tropicals will help in time.
  • emawbey
    emawbey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi - I know it was a while ago since the last post but was just wondering if you found your treatment plan effective?