Is there a way to add Vitamin Supplements?

I am wonder if there is a way to add vitamin supplements to the daily list. Thanks!

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Some are in the database. If yours isn't, you can add it like a food.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    You can log your supplements, though it's of limited value. You can try to search for the manufacturer in the food database and log it. The entry will only have the common micronutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A. MFP is not good for tracking full micronutrients because it follows the usual nutrition panel for foods.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2018
    Log them the same way you do food. I set up a meal for mine. Though some people don't bother because of the reasons listed above or the calories are fairly minor they won't make a difference to their intake.
  • brexitpoll1111
    brexitpoll1111 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2019
  • ElReyDelMundo365
    ElReyDelMundo365 Posts: 14 Member
    I just scanned the bottle and saved it to my inventory so every time I take them they're right there.
  • ruthdebra
    ruthdebra Posts: 1 Member
    I too would like to see a category available for some of the more integral vitamins and/or minerals. and speaking of which I'm wondering how iron is calculated (as a percentage), is it based on the average RDA which is 12mg or is it based on the premenopausal (for women) RDA of 18mg or the post menopausal of 8mg? ...since absorption is affected by estrogen?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I successfully added all my supplements using the bar scan feature. I then created two "my meals" for am vits and pm vits so they're easy to log every day.