Is there a such things as over working your heart.

Options
Myruhh21
Myruhh21 Posts: 11 Member
I recently started working out every day burning 500 calories each session and eat 1200 calories a day Recently I have been feeling light headed and my face has been feeling numb I don't know if that's normal

Replies

• Myruhh21
    Options
    Thanks a lot it's just hard because I've been eating a lot of salads and that doesn't have a lot of calories.
  • twttyalan
    twttyalan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to increase your calorie intake as your body will be burning muscle for energy rather than fat. There will be nutritionists I'm sure who are more qualified than me to advise on this but you definitely need a better balance to your diet than mainly salads !
  • Myruhh21
    Options
    Yes I will I'm only on day 4 so I'm sure it's not too late from stopping that from happening I'll throw some more protein in I'm guessing . I'm new to all of this but your advice is very helpful.for people like me who are not familiar with weightloss its confusing I always thought losing weight ment eating less.

• Myruhh21
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice! very helpful I was worrying myself because of Google. But it does make sense to feel that way with under eating.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    What does the calculator set your intake goal to? You will want to eat some/most of those exercise calories back or you will lose at an unhealthy rate. A reasonable goal is 0.5-1lb a week. MFP calculator will give you the calories and estimated weekly loss. And yes! Your body needs protein, carbs and fat to be healthy. Hope this helps!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat back half to three quarters your exercise calories and eat a more nutrient rich diet that helps fill out your macros.

fats and proteins are what keep me filled, and it doesnt sound like youre getting enough of those.
  • Myruhh21
    Options
    Vallary 14 my intake is 1200 and losing 2lbs a week
  • Myruhh21
    Options
    Callsitlikeiseeit thanks for the advice I am definelty eating more proteins today I went shopping I got more chicken and ground turkey about to make a turkey burger yummm
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Myruhh21 wrote: »
    Vallary 14 my intake is 1200 and losing 2lbs a week

If you are truly burning 500 then your goal is 1200 PLUS 500. You should be eating 1700 calories. I'm betting you are not truly burning 500 so I'd start with 1450 calories and see if that works. If you lose more or less than 2 lbs per week average over a few weeks adjust accordingly.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Most likely if you're set to 1200 calories a 2 pound a week deficit is too aggressive. And as others said, you should be eating back at least a portion of the calories you burned.
  • scarey0022
    scarey0022 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not dehydrated! In addition to all the info above, the numb/tingling sensation in your face could be due to lack of proper hydration. It could be felt in your hands/arms as well.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Myruhh21 wrote: »
    Yes I will I'm only on day 4 so I'm sure it's not too late from stopping that from happening I'll throw some more protein in I'm guessing . I'm new to all of this but your advice is very helpful.for people like me who are not familiar with weightloss its confusing I always thought losing weight ment eating less.

Means eating less than you were.

You ever log an average day of eating that got you to the point of needing to lose weight?

Eat less than that.

But now you are exercising, so you are burning more now compared to before.

So actually, may not need to eat less.

Eating a little bit less and moving a little bit more is all that is needed to lose weight really.

Making wholesale changes actually just confuses things as you have experienced, if not familiar and ready to use the tools correctly.

I'm sure you saw the eating goal go up once you logged your exercise.

If willing to trust the 1200 eating level without knowing how it works - why not trust it when it gave you more to eat, when you did more?