42 Days

Options
How much weight can I lose in 42 days? Will it make a significant difference in my appearance?

Female
5'3
165.6 today
Previously lifted weights for 2 years consistently have fallen off for the past 10 months.
Eating 1550 watching macros 40/40/20
Going to begin lifting 3 days a week, makes 10k steps daily

Replies

• Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    we have the same stats, I've lost 7lbs in 30days eating 1500-1700 a day, lifting 2 days a week, cardio 3 days a week, walking 10k-15k a day. I wouldn't expect much more than about 5lbs in 42 days...and no it wont make much of a difference appearance wise. I've found it takes a good 12 weeks to really see a difference. I'm on week 6 now and see a slight change, no one else has noticed yet though. My clothes are tiny bit looser. and I mean a tiny bit...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? What did you set your rate of loss for in MFP for? What's magical about 42 days? How you will look will depend on many things.

Start weighing and logging your food and exercise cals and be consistent.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ultimately I want to lose 20 lbs but I realize that won't happen in 42 days. 42 days= vacation I don't wanna look fat in pics or have to suck in my gut, lol.

EDA: Set to lose .5 pounds a week, not planning to eat exercise cals back
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    Ultimately I want to lose 20 lbs but I realize that won't happen in 42 days. 42 days= vacation I don't wanna look fat in pics or have to suck in my gut, lol.

I'm sorry, should have started before now lol Just do what you can until then. I'd count on losing about 5-8lbs at the very most.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Shanel0916 wrote: »

EDA: Set to lose .5 pounds a week, not planning to eat exercise cals back

You setup your goal so start with weighing and logging, use your exercise calories from lifting if you find you get hungry or need fuel your workouts better.