Feeling

Options
Hi, I’m new to this, but not too the dieting yo-yo. My cw is 277lb and goal weight is 170lb. I have stuck to my calorie goal all week but lacking in motivation to go to the gym. Last year I lost 20lb by going to the gym and classes five times a week and genuinely loved it. I was then diagnosed with a heart condition and although my cardiologist says it’s ok to now go back to the gym, I just feel so anxious that every excuse not to go is winning. I booked my membership yesterday and yet still haven’t been. Needing some motivation and support.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennyann, I lost about what you are trying to lose. It can be done. Take it slow and just do one step at a time. If you love the gym then do that but if you don't find something you can enjoy. I walk daily and I love it. I'm sorry to hear about your heart condition but losing weight is going to be wonderful to take some of the stress off your heart. Think about what a good thing you are doing. Slow and steady wins the race and you will get there. Try setting some smaller goals so that you can see the progress you are making. I broke my weight loss into blocks. In fact my first goal weight was about 25 pounds higher than where I ended up.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    "The gym" is pretty vague. What do you plan on doing there? How do you plan to ease into it? What do you look forward to being able to do as you build strength and stamina?

You don't need a gym to start moving more. Just walk if that is all you can muster for today.