Anyone just getting started?

Options
I've been weight training and watching my calorie intake for about 4 weeks. I have lost around 8lbs (though the number isn't really what I'm chasing). I would love to have other newcomers to talk with about motivation and obstacles to achieving goals.

Replies

• Samanthadaniel
    Samanthadaniel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    8lbs is a start! Good for you.. I am just starting as well.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • irandreescu
    irandreescu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've started my journey 2 months ago and so far have managed to lose 8kg. Add me to friends if you'd like to talk.
  • ahoefer
    ahoefer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be glad to interact. I am finding it hard being in a house of people that don't need to died or get healthy.
    I think you are doing great 8 lbs is a good start. Keep concentrating on what you did to get this far and you will succeed.
  • ahoefer
    ahoefer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have several new people that have commented. Welcome.
    I would like to try and keep up with you all. I have been doing a lot of reading on how to achieve my goal.
    1. Eliminate distractions
    2. Focus on what needs to be done.
    3. Have a plan
    4. Start each morning reviewing your plan and go for it (one day at a time!
  • 4Jenny7
    4Jenny7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started myfitnesspal today!! I'm considering getting the premium plan. Does anyone else have that and does anyone live in Florida?
  • jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! Pants are fitting more loosely by the day, and seeing the progress is extremely motivating!
  • KissofDeath4
    KissofDeath4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new again. Lol, we can work together to lose weight and get healthy!
  • sophiemarieolley
    sophiemarieolley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new to this :):)
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I am just starting too! Nice work on the 8 lbs. I would like to lose 30. Hoping to do 10 in a month for my anniversary, I want to feel accomplished and proud of myself for it.
  • ingridamartinez
    ingridamartinez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying on clothes is the worst for me...yesterday it hit me...this cannot go on! Please add me to your board. I will lose the lbs...I can do this.
  • thisiscrazygirl2
    thisiscrazygirl2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am restarting after almost 2 years of being really bad with my diet and exercise. I am on day 5 and going strong.