Weight loss plateau. 1200 calories diet.

Options
I have been doing a 1200 calories diet for a month now. I have dropped from 72 to 66.5 kg.
The goal weight is 60kg.
I am a female 163cm in height.
I do home weights 3 times a week and very little cardio.
For the pass 2 weeks there is no weight loss.
No changes is muscle mass or fat loss in any way.
(Using a smart weighing scale) .
The feeling sucks. Anyone had this experience?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,078 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, it's normal not to lose every week. 2 weeks is not a plateau, stick with it and trust the process.

wb229frgztje.jpg
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I was stuck and my mid-weight loss for about 2 months and it sucked. I just shifted up my exercise routine. I started walking and dropped 6 pounds fast and still going. I weigh myself daily and it is up and down but still on a downward. I also added my water/coffee/tea to my diet. I thought I was drinking enough, but I seem to need more water in me.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a 1200 calories diet for a month now. I have dropped from 72 to 66.5 kg.
    The goal weight is 60kg.
    I am a female 163cm in height.
    I do home weights 3 times a week and very little cardio.
    For the pass 2 weeks there is no weight loss.
    No changes is muscle mass or fat loss in any way.
    (Using a smart weighing scale) .
    The feeling sucks. Anyone had this experience?

Disregard the feeling and trust the process. The chart should speak volumes to you. You won't (and shouldn't) lose weight very quickly when you are this close to your goal weight.

You also won't be able to tell about fat loss and especially muscle mass in 2 weeks anyway....not to mention that at 1200 calories, you won't be adding muscle in the first place - you will more likely be losing muscle mass.

Do what you're doing and trust the process. Don't adjust anything based on a two week window. With as close as you are to goal week, you need probably 8 weeks worth of data to make an informed decision. Your scale number will go up an down in that time. You need a longer window to be able to see past the noise.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You've lost a good amount of weight in just a month. Plus you have to be close to a healthy weight now so your aim should now be to lose no more than 0.25kg/0.5lb a week. We want to hold on to muscle - fast weight loss is too aggressive and isn't a good plan especially when you don't have much to lose.

2 weeks is not a plateau, more than 6 weeks with no loss would be. Its time to adjust your weight loss expectations to something more realistic. You have lost quite a lot of weight in a short space of time plus weight loss is not linear, it can take time for fat loss to show up on the scales.

And FWIW that smart scale wont be measuring muscle/fat loss - none of them are accurate so take those readings with a pinch of salt.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I was stuck and my mid-weight loss for about 2 months and it sucked. I just shifted up my exercise routine. I started walking and dropped 6 pounds fast and still going. I weigh myself daily and it is up and down but still on a downward. I also added my water/coffee/tea to my diet. I thought I was drinking enough, but I seem to need more water in me.

You lost weight because you increased your calorie burn. The water consumption had nothing to do with any loss, you were in calorie deficit.