Ouch! How to stop R.I.C.E. becoming ice-cream frenzy?

Options
So, klutz that I clearly am, I bashed my toes in with the bathroom door while half asleep this morning, and (one visit to hospital later) am now strapped up and told to refrain from exercise for a couple of weeks at least (maybe even six...)

As someone who has always used their Fitbit steps and strength and cardio training to increase calorie intake, I'm looking at 1300ish calories gross instead of net if I don't want to backslide - I'm not even allowed to walk to work for a while :'(

Any tips for avoiding sitting (foot elevated) with a vat of ice-cream and pizza? ;) I'm more or less at maintenance and about 6 months into a slow recomp and have set mfp to lose .5lb per week just to allow for more freedom to eat and drink at weekends... maybe change my goal to maintain for a while to even out the calories? How have you all coped with injuries derailing your progress?

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Find some kind of exercise you can do. Try YouTube. Even if it’s just rolling around on the floor. Maybe leave the Fitbit out of it. It likely won’t be lighting up like you are accustomed to.

But try to find something where you can look at yourself in the mirror and say you did a workout.

Try to keep the injury to your foot from taking root in your head.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    So, klutz that I clearly am, I bashed my toes in with the bathroom door while half asleep this morning, and (one visit to hospital later) am now strapped up and told to refrain from exercise for a couple of weeks at least (maybe even six...)

As someone who has always used their Fitbit steps and strength and cardio training to increase calorie intake, I'm looking at 1300ish calories gross instead of net if I don't want to backslide - I'm not even allowed to walk to work for a while :'(

Any tips for avoiding sitting (foot elevated) with a vat of ice-cream and pizza? ;) I'm more or less at maintenance and about 6 months into a slow recomp and have set mfp to lose .5lb per week just to allow for more freedom to eat and drink at weekends... maybe change my goal to maintain for a while to even out the calories? How have you all coped with injuries derailing your progress?

I usually do maintenance when I am laid up. It is better to allow the body to heal and the healing process will be extended if you are depriving it of calories.