How do I log circuit training on machines?

Options
I have tried to find a place in the database where I can log in the 14 machines I work out on at the gym (Cybex machines) with no luck. I would have no idea how many calories I burn doing that circuit. Surely there are other people here who use machines at their gym!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There’s an entry for circuit training in the database
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Who in their right mind would Woo the correct answer?

Oh - someone who assumes they know what Woo means - not realizing they are wrong.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I don't bother logging weight machines since the calorie burn isn't that significant, but just select circuit training.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I don't bother logging weight machines since the calorie burn isn't that significant, but just select circuit training.

If you do the circuit right though, you are actually getting a pretty good burn going. Theoretically it's suppossed to be one of the more efficient types of workouts because it combines cardio and weights at the sane time.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    The circuit training entry is under cardiovascular, not strength. Probably not 100% accurate, but better than nothing. Google Fit and Samsung Health also have circuit training entries, so I assume if you are using a smart watch or tracker, they probably do too.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Almost always the trackers are doing merely text labels - so you can review and see what the workout was.

They have no bearing on calorie burn - a couple of the Fitbits do now - when weight's is selected, it uses the database entry level burn, instead of incorrect HR-based.

I've not seen another device with HR NOT use HR-based calorie burn, even when it should not for accuracy.
  • RjMaan
    RjMaan Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    There might be some kind of error with training machines.
    [Edited by MFP Mods]