Different kind of success

Options
Jadub729
Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
After smoking for 20 years I quit cold turkey 5 weeks ago. Haven't had one puff since. I also lost 6lbs since the day I quit. I replaced smoking with cardio and I feel incredible.I barely even think about it any more and haven't needed my inhaler in about 3 weeks. It was so much easier than I thought it would be. The fear/panic of quitting kept me from quitting for a long time. I realized after about a week that I had been waiting for the worst to happen and nothing happened. I felt fine. Uncomfortable, but fine. I have so much more free time, energy, and I smell better now too.

I'm determined to not gain weight like so many people do when they quit and used this as a great time to move more, lift heavy things and eat a bit less. Should be half way to my goal by the time I go to Disney this August.

I'm using the same logic for weight loss as I have for quitting smoking, it isn't motivation, it's dedication. I got this. :#

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A real achievement and big plus for your long term health :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's truly amazing. I hope other people who are struggling with quitting smoking reads this. You're quite an inspiration!
  • ErinK09_
    ErinK09_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    That's a huge accomplishment and big step towards reclaiming your health and longevity. impressive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!