Moms out there....what do you have planned for Mothers Day?

Options
midlomel1971
midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
I have to go to brunch with my in-laws early in the day, but after that I'm going to take myself to see "Tully" at the movies and stuff my face with buttery popcorn, then go over to Kohls with a 30% coupon. I feel like it might be the best Mother's Day ever.

What are you doing?

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My cats are ungrateful. I imagine getting litter boxes full of turds. :heartbreak:
  • midlomel1971
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    My cats are ungrateful. I imagine getting litter boxes full of turds. :heartbreak:

Ha...I'll be getting that too. With a bonus of litter scattered all over the floor and some kitty pee by the garage door.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I will stop by my mom's and mother in laws with their cards and gifts. I usually do a big family bbq thing at my house for them plus extended family. This year I am not. I have no set plans and that is how I want it.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I'll be with my little man. All I need.
  • BecomingMoreAwesome
    BecomingMoreAwesome Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To mash up this thread and the “what stage are you in” thread, I don’t know what the plans are, because all I want for mother’s day is not to be the person in charge of making/coordinating all the plans.
  • pcbossack31
    pcbossack31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will be going to church in the morning with my daughters and husband. Then I am not sure what we are doing because my husband has to work.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    my daughters are now 27 and 28. my eldest will walk tomorrow for her PhD successfully defended her dissertation on 3/14 - secured an associate professor employment position that starts 6/4 bought a house and is moving 2/45 hours away....im helping her move on mothers day
  • pcbossack31
    pcbossack31 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @urloved33, oh wow! That is really exciting! My daughters are 9 and 10 and they are looking forward to the summer.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    I have nothing planned.. unless I do something for myself nothing every happens...
  • midlomel1971
    Options
    I'm one of those moms who does not want to spend my day with my kids. Bad mom.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom - but today I took Olive Garden takeout (and dessert) over to my own mom's house and planned to see a movie but instead we just talked and laughed for 5 hours. I bought her a crazy looking pink rug for one of her bathrooms, at her request. She's pretty cool.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Grocery shopping. As far as I know nothing else is planned that day.
    We got some takeout today and had cheesecake as kind of a end of school year/ mother's day observance I guess.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those moms who does not want to spend my day with my kids. Bad mom. Smart Mom.