ALMOST OUT OF THE 300s

Options
BIGFNROB
BIGFNROB Posts: 996 Member
Hey I'm always getting to comfortable when I hit 305 to 310ish.Does anyone do the same thing? I'm just trying to see 299.9 but my goal weight is 275 and I started at 375.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    You look like a pretty muscled guy.. maybe you should try focusing on BF% instead of the weight on the scale? Just an idea :) Good luck with whatever path you choose!
  • BIGFNROB
    Options
    Hey thinks but do you mean focus on weight training more?
  • serindipte
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Weight training is always a good idea. What I meant though is to get your body fat measurement and work on getting that down to where you want it to be :) you can find info online about what those percentages look like on your body type. (I'd look done up for you but I'm on my phone at the moment)
  • BIGFNROB
    Options
    Thanks this weight loss stuff is a trip sometimes.I will look into it
  • serindipte
    edited May 2018
    Options
    For you, this seems like it would be a better indicator of where you are than the number on the scale. Muscles add weight, but they are definitely not something you'd want to diet to lose.

If you happen to belong to a gym, there's likely someone there that can help you get a measurement of BF%. If not, your dr should be able to either do that for you or get you to someone who can. :) If neither of these options are available, you can use an online calculator to get a close guesstimate, though it wouldn't be as accurate, it would still give you a starting point.

Here are some comparison photos:

body-fat-percentage-men-e1460747675286.jpg

body-fat-percentage-chart-men.gif

• BIGFNROB
    Options
    Thanks I don't go to the gym I use kettlebells and i jump rope stuff like that. I like being outside. I'll try the online calculator the 40% one is more my build i believe .
  • serindipte
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Look for activities you can do that will add more weight to your workouts. It doesn't have to be a weight bench, but strength training is going to be your best friend. :smiley: Between that and following MFPs calorie goals, you'll get to where you want to be.
  • BIGFNROB
    Options
    Thanks a lot!