anyone need cheering up?

Options
2»

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    This will probably sound like unicorn rainbow farts and all but it's truly what works for me:

I look for the little things and I really notice and savor them. Last night I was tired and feeling miserable sick and I'd spent some time being frustrated at a pharmacy and I just wanted to get home so I could relax, but %$*& my car had to have gas. I stopped and started pumping the gas...

And looked up to see a spectacular cloud bank with the sun's rays streaming through. It was so magnificent. I was kind of sorry when my tank was full and I had to stop watching the sky.

Those are the kinds of things that help get me out of a bad mood.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    Exercise.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    GYM
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Creep the forums and those posting in them...

also, send random junk pics for no apparent reason...

Can we be friends?

Emma-Stone-Wink-Of-Approval-Gif.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'll watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNnsZTEcn0U&feature=share&list=UUEFJoKBNoWoH_gIZvebWeNw

Or listen to music... but, I tend to listen to music that reinforces my feelings more than lifts me out of it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'll watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNnsZTEcn0U&feature=share&list=UUEFJoKBNoWoH_gIZvebWeNw

Or listen to music... but, I tend to listen to music that reinforces my feelings more than lifts me out of it.

Agreed, on the music, if I am in a mood and I try to listen to cheery music, it sh!ts me.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Creep the forums and those posting in them...

also, send random junk pics for no apparent reason...

Can we be friends?

Emma-Stone-Wink-Of-Approval-Gif.gif

You like creeping the forums too...awesome...
  • classictoaster
    Options
    Grab a piece of paper and write out some goals for yourself - small, large, doesn't matter, but do make sure to include a few you can do today. Once your done, pick a goal and start tackling it. My favorite way to get into a good mood is to pick something I know I can accomplish today and do it - cleaning is usually my go to.

I'm also a big believer in retail therapy... :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Music that's happy OR a tv show that matches the mood I'm in. For some reason starting with a show that matches the mood I'm in then switching to a happier show after works for me. Except lifetime movies. Those tend to be followed by more lifetime movies which somehow seem to get more and more dismal and drastic and the villain gets more and more maniacal earlier on in the plot. Like at first you're all "Oh yeah he's a great first date honey, I predict he's gonna steal your car and run off with your neighbor in the next half hour," but then on movie 2 or 3 you're all "WTF? Did he just go from zero to psycho on the first meet after walking away with her phone number back to his cop car?" Give it some time Lifetime? Let me at least like and lust after the guy for a little while first.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Go trolling on the forums. I'm in a bad mood a lot.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Music that's happy OR a tv show that matches the mood I'm in. For some reason starting with a show that matches the mood I'm in then switching to a happier show after works for me. Except lifetime movies. Those tend to be followed by more lifetime movies which somehow seem to get more and more dismal and drastic and the villain gets more and more maniacal earlier on in the plot. Like at first you're all "Oh yeah he's a great first date honey, I predict he's gonna steal your car and run off with your neighbor in the next half hour," but then on movie 2 or 3 you're all "WTF? Did he just go from zero to psycho on the first meet after walking away with her phone number back to his cop car?" Give it some time Lifetime? Let me at least like and lust after the guy for a little while first.

Now THAT is a rim job....:love:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Go trolling on the forums. I'm in a bad mood a lot.
    Me too.
  • gramadugger09
    Options
    I know what I have to do but I just lose my control and motivation especially after work in the evening. I have struggled with my weight for so long. I need to just get on track and stay on track. I know its easy. Just shut my mouth and move more.Then I get in such a bad mood at me!
  • sophiercook
    sophiercook Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    love these, lolcats make my life.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I workout or watch Friends