Fight Style

Options
caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
We all disagree with someone at some point. This happens a lot when you’re ... well, a human who asserts his or herself. So what kind of fighter/arguer are you? What will start a fight every time? Do you hold grudges? How do you make up? Who do you fight with? Do you pick the fights or are you an unwitting participant? What situations will bring out the fight in you?

Replies

• caco_ethes
    Options
    I’ve always been a pacifist but if someone picks on someone I love, I get mama bear about it
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Never been a grudge holder though. Maybe I’m too lazy to hold things in general
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I disagree because you're wrong.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I forgive you and now we’re friends again
  • cee134
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »

I forgive you and now we’re friends again

Maybe.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    I only argue if I'm confident I'm right, and if it turns out I'm NOT right I'll admit it and stop. But I do also love to have debate type conversations where no one is necessarily "right OR wrong", just to try to understand other perspectives.

This is me too. To a T. I enjoy conversations where it’s an open minded discussion all around though. If I’m the only one ‘learning things’ than I’m probably trapped in a discussion with a blowhard
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I only argue if I'm confident I'm right, and if it turns out I'm NOT right I'll admit it and stop. But I do also love to have debate type conversations where no one is necessarily "right OR wrong", just to try to understand other perspectives.

This is me too. To a T. I enjoy conversations where it’s an open minded discussion all around though. If I’m the only one ‘learning things’ than I’m probably trapped in a discussion with a blowhard

This is why I like you. And Ima kitten this, BTW. ;)

Of course you are :expressionless:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I fight the same way I love, with passion. I can hold grudges, but usually it's when I'm deeply hurt. I can sometimes be passive aggressive, but I'll own it and not do that "oh I don't know why" or "it just happened" bs. If I cut you deep there is a reason. If I apologize I mean it, if I don't it's because I'm either ashamed or I'm just being a spiteful ahole, but I'll let you know that one too.
  • cee134
    Options

This is why I like you. And Ima kitten this, BTW. ;)

*kitten* *kitten* you *kitten* :expressionless:

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    I tend to always use a tin foil, leftover container (containing spinach filled manicotti), in the shape of a beautiful swan as my primary weapon of choice:

Xgvbw.gif

*disclaimer: Of course this is not entirely true. I never have leftovers when ordering manicotti.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    I love a good fight. It’s like a sport to me. I am a grudge holder as well. Big surprise. I can tolerate so much and then I will snap and I like to go for the jugular. Attack me, I can hold my own. Attack one or all of my kids, I’m gonna hurt your feelings and then I’m going to cut you out of my life. Attack my dogs and I will destroy everything you love.

* trying real, real hard to stay on your 'good side'.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I love a good fight. It’s like a sport to me. I am a grudge holder as well. Big surprise. I can tolerate so much and then I will snap and I like to go for the jugular. Attack me, I can hold my own. Attack one or all of my kids, I’m gonna hurt your feelings and then I’m going to cut you out of my life. Attack my dogs and I will destroy everything you love.

kwyxh8oddfzn.gif
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We all disagree with someone at some point. This happens a lot when you’re ... well, a human who asserts his or herself. So what kind of fighter/arguer are you? What will start a fight every time? Do you hold grudges? How do you make up? Who do you fight with? Do you pick the fights or are you an unwitting participant? What situations will bring out the fight in you?

You're asking way too much all at once. I'm feeling very interrogated and it's too early.

Edit:
    • So what kind of fighter/arguer are you?
      The defensive kind. Almost never offensive. Not a giant fan of conflict.
    • What will start a fight every time?
      Attacking me, friends or family in any way I guess.
    • Do you hold grudges?
      Yes but I don't mean to!
    • How do you make up?
      With tons of wet kisses. :kissing:
    • Who do you fight with?
      Meanies who are mean.
    • Do you pick the fights or are you an unwitting participant?
      Honestly, I'm super chill and would never pick a fight unless attacked in some way either present or previously by that person.
    • What situations will bring out the fight in you?
      Someone attempting to assert power or control over me unnecessarily or someone attacking me or my family through any method.

TLDR; lover not a fighter. <3
  • projectsix
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don’t like arguing. But I will partake if I must. However I become annoyed very easily because people don’t stfu once they become upset. They keep repeating the same *kitten* over and over again. I’m stubborn and my mind isn’t easily swayed so arguments can last forever and they become exhausting. I’d rather sleep. And usually no solution is met because I am set in my ways. Fighting for me usually involves disrespect and that’s different for me. I won’t partake in that. I’m careful with my words to not say things I don’t need regret. So I walk away from those situations. It’s not worth it to me. I don’t hold grudges, no one is worth that amount of mind space. If I get an apology, we’re good. If it becomes a repeated behaviour we’re done. I’m a lover not a fighter. I will avoid it if I can. But sometimes an argument needs to be had. And other times you realize the person isn’t even worth the effort, you let it go and move on.

WANNA FIGHT?!

Edit: Never mind apparently I do start fights.
  • projectsix
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don’t like arguing. But I will partake if I must. However I become annoyed very easily because people don’t stfu once they become upset. They keep repeating the same *kitten* over and over again. I’m stubborn and my mind isn’t easily swayed so arguments can last forever and they become exhausting. I’d rather sleep. And usually no solution is met because I am set in my ways. Fighting for me usually involves disrespect and that’s different for me. I won’t partake in that. I’m careful with my words to not say things I don’t need regret. So I walk away from those situations. It’s not worth it to me. I don’t hold grudges, no one is worth that amount of mind space. If I get an apology, we’re good. If it becomes a repeated behaviour we’re done. I’m a lover not a fighter. I will avoid it if I can. But sometimes an argument needs to be had. And other times you realize the person isn’t even worth the effort, you let it go and move on.

WANNA FIGHT?!

I’d rather wrestle

Then a match it is, I'll go setup the ring.

On my bed.

Ahem. :p
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Praying Mantis Style.

I dont like heated arguments, Id much rather discuss things if we both have an open mind. I tend to forgive and forget after a bit.