Trying to find me

Options
amberbean1985
amberbean1985 Posts: 14 Member
I’ve struggled with weight loss my entire life. I need to do this to get healthy and happy. It’s just hard knowing what to and not to do. If anyone has a menu plan I’d appreciate it. I need structure

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Sorry...but way to vague to 'help' you with a menu plan, etc.,

I might suggest reading as much as you can about fitness/calories, etc.,

I've discovered a wealth of very knowledgeable people on this site. Start reading...but don't get sucked into fad things, etc.,

This is a journey - my advice is get excited over this...don't view it as dread. Start with small little things you can do a day - they will become habits.

Good for you - rooting for you!

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to know what to do. The really good thing, is that weightloss is simple, and easy to understand: Eat less, move more. MFP tells you how much to eat, and the moving is even optional! Most people also need some structure, so a menu plan is a good idea. But most people also need to feel they're making their own decisions, so if that is you, you have to make the plan yourself. It's not that hard - figure out what you need - MFP has already given you ballpark numbers for calories, carbs, fat and protein, and a diary to log it - and what you want, and when you can and want to eat, and there's your plan. The hard thing is to try to stick to someone else's plan. So I don't recommend that.
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I can't say enough good things about using MFP to help with your weight loss journey! Logging helps you know what you're putting in your body. The forums and friends on here can answer questions and help motivate you or support you when you're not doing so well. As someone else said, it really is simple. Eat less and move more. As you begin, it might be hard but, in my experience it got easy quickly! It became like a game, that I really wanted to win. Since MFP will provide you with a healthy number of calories to eat, you have an every day goal. The part that is totally up to you is in real life. Don't lie to MFP or to yourself! It really helps to have small goals. Like, I'm going to accurately log for a week, or I'm going to weigh myself every day, or I'm going to take a short walk every day after dinner for two weeks. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck! I know you can do it.