Headaches :(

Options
So I’m jetting off to Ibiza in 45 days and I’m day 3 of my 1500 calorie a day plan.

I’m eating 3 meals a day, fruit, veg, protein and carbs but my god I have such a bad headache :( I’m not dehydrated, I’m not hungry and I’m getting plenty of sleep.

Do headaches relate to me cutting out junk food and sugar? Any tips or advice on how to make them stop?!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    If you cut sugar and lost some water weight, it could be from lost electrolytes, aka sodium.

Try a salty broth or just eat half a teaspoon of salt and see if it helps.
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had bad headaches when I cut my carbs way down like from supersized to correct size they passed after about a week just your body fighting you. Could have also been have high blood pressure lost 11 lbs first week so had that much less pressure holding the blood back but I was also around 400 lbs.
  • princess_k19
    princess_k19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The first thing I think of when I hear headaches is caffeine withdrawal - did you also stop drinking beverages with caffeine?

I’ve not cut out caffiene no

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to be when I started a calorie deficit. For 4 days I had a constant headache. Finally went away on the 5th day.
  • mobwifee
    mobwifee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Currently going through this. I think it's the sudden reduction in calories and sugar that does it but I have heard that it does go away after day 5. Keep hydrated and if your headache is really bad and you have the opportunity, take a short 20 min nap. I find that it helps me.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Lots of fluids may help.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? The reason I ask is because there was a time I drank too much water and ended up passing out from flushing out my own electrolytes. I also had horrendous headaches at this time as well. Try drinking some Gatorade or eating something salty like broth.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    if you cut out carbs/sugar, you may be going thru keto flu. it takes about 5 days to get past that on average.