Scariest Moment

NewDayNB
NewDayNB Posts: 18 Member
Hi Everyone!

What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you while exercising or while doing anything really.

Me - Coming in close range to a cougar while camping!

Replies

• Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    I guess having some guy open my passenger door while I was stopped at a red light at 4 in the morning, and smiling at me when I looked over. I sped out of there so fast. Now my windows are always up and doors always locked.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    denny_mac wrote: »
    NewDayNB wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you while exercising or while doing anything really.

Me - Coming in close range to a cougar while camping!

I was just looking for a good time. I’m sorry.

I laughed WAY harder at this than I should have.

Naw, you're good here. I did too in an embarrassing fashion. It was one of those burst-snort-raspberry-making-noise type laughs.

No one around though.
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    NewDayNB wrote: »
    Annalee82_ wrote: »
    I guess having some guy open my passenger door while I was stopped at a red light at 4 in the morning, and smiling at me when I looked over. I sped out of there so fast. Now my windows are always up and doors always locked.

Hopefully he didn't get hurt when you sped away!

Wouldn't have cared if he had of been, but he was fine. The police couldn't find him and said he was probably drunk and thought I was his ride... in a dry county at that.

And.. !
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,177 Member
    Night our daughter was born by emergency C-section.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,572 Member
    Waking up in the dark to a 6.7 earthquake
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    All I can say is the scariest moment in my life didn't scare me as much as it should have, it scares me more now, many years, later to think about it.
  • jshaw2025
    jshaw2025 Posts: 61 Member
    Personally scary: got stuck on an elevator once by myself. Only a few minutes but I definitely have a bit of claustrophobia now.

Real worry: when my youngest was born via emergency C-section and stayed in the NICU for a few days. He came out just fine, if not a little extra feisty.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I was driving down the street and at a stoplight a dude tried to get into my passenger seat and when he realized it was locked, he jumped on top of my car (roof).

I was also really scared when a door to door salesman put his foot in the door and tried to force his way in when I told him I wasn't interested. He was about 6'5 300+ and angry looking but my screaming at him and trying to slam the door sent him away. However that kind of ruined my new home excitement (I'd just bought my first house the same week and was lowkey nervous for a month).
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    edited May 2018
    kace_kay wrote: »
    I heard something tap my parents front door in the middle of the night as I was watching TV. I thought it was my cats so I opened the door to let them in. There was some weird sounds around the side of the porch (out of my eye line) and then a 300+ lb Florida Black Bear walked towards the door. :astonished: almost crapped my pants

Wow, you were lucky, and I know I would of crapped my pants...lol
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Scariest moment while out trail running, rounded a hill and saw this:
    997bp8w8r0xn.jpeg
    It made me do a double take, pause for a second and remember what I’m supposed to do if I encounter a puma, but it turned out to be just a log :D