Reached my goal weight

I feel like I’ve achieved my goal weight of 159 lbs at 5’10 and am very happy with myself, but I think I’m not trying to lose weight because I know I’ve plateaued for the last month or so. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,321 Member
    Say what now?

Is 5'9" 159 where you want to stop?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,321 Member
    5'10" - oops.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,152 Member
    I was in a similar place about a month ago. I was about 4-6 lbs from my goal of the past 2-1/4 years. Turned out I was scared if I hit my goal, I would gain it all back (like I have done every other time.) I was also concerned I would not be happy with my body. (When I was overweight/obese, it was a day to think my thin body would be perfect.)

I realized 1) I wasn’t giving myself enough credit for all my micro habit changes so I’m reminding myself of my great HABITS 2) I feel so healthy & my labs are all normal to optimal - so I’m focusing on HEALTH 3) I decided to recomp and lose weight more slowly (0.5 instead of 1.0 per week), 4) logged my weight in FP challenges as whole numbers so I begin to get used to the scale not moving as it won’t be in maintenance ie learning to eat according to plan without the rewards of scale decreases.

The insights helped - and I continued to lose. I am now 1.5 to 2 lbs from my Goal.

Good Luck!

You can also call it a diet break, and See how you feel in 1 to 2 weeks
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    i'm5'10" i'm at 157....and determined to reach the goal i set at 150. i do look good...enough...but this time i'm not going to stop short of my goal. Don't stop..keep going.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    You've reached goal weight and are happy ...well that's fantastic! own it :smiley:
    and if for the past month you have maintained that weight, then that's also great, welcome to maintenance :smiley:

If you want to lose a few more pounds then it will just take tightening up the logging, at this point its very easy to wipe out any calorie deficit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited May 2018
    Sort of. I am also 5’10”. I weighed 180 after giving birth to my younger son, and I very slowly lost most of that weight over the following year and a half, down to 155ish. My goal weight was 145 because that was my pre-preg weight but I just couldn’t stay on the wagon and lose that final 10 lbs so I decided to be happy with 155-156 and stay in maintenance :) I also lift weights regularly now, and i can see a slight difference even though my weight is staying the same..
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I might be able to help....

When you were making your plan (getting down under 160lbs, for example) did you also create a plan for "when I reach my first goal"?

So, essentially, you have two plans:

1. get down under 160lbs.
    2. body recomposition (or whatever you might have planned).

That will help you with the "I have reached my goal...now what?" mental process.

What do you mean with the "I have plateaued"?