working and working out...

Options
So I have been working for the past couple of weeks as a research assistant on campus, living with my sister, which makes it a 2 hour commute everyday....when I get back from work ~5:30, I am so burnt out and don't have any motivation to work out. How do working people motivate themselves to work out? I just get so tired from staring at a computer for 6 or 7 hours a day then have to drive...any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Work out before work.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Work out before work.

I agree. Getting up a hour earlier is not as bad as it sounds. Plus, since I've been doing it I have more energy through out the day.
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    I agree completely, working out in the morning also jump starts your metabolism
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Yep - workout before work. I just recently got in the routine of getting up & running before work. I hate the 5am wakeup but its totally worth it - the lazy girl in me is thrilled she can come home from work & not have any exercise obligations. :tongue:
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. But I already get up at 6, I have so much to do when I get home around 5:45ish, that I never get to workout really. So right now, everyday during my lunch hour, I climb the steps up and down the four story building I work in. I just started it yesturday...did it once, now going to do it twice today, three times tomorrow, ect...then adding in different things during the weekend. People are probably goign to look at me like I am crazy, walking up and down stairs but it is way to hot outside (heat advisory) to walk outside, so I am going to do it here in my building :). Good luck fiting in some time to workout!
  • halielilith
    Options
    Thanks! Guess I'll just have to be sure to get up earlier to squeeze in a good workout. Though, I think I can shell out money to the gym now...just found out it will be ANOTHER 2-3 weeks before I can move in :(