Inner thigh exercise

Are there certain exercises that specifically tone the inner thigh. I’m in a calorie deficit and loosing fat. So far its going great. Although I do feel like my inner thighs are staying behind.

Replies

• claudiakreileman
    claudiakreileman Posts: 9 Member
    jshaw2025 wrote: »
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts, pliè squats, side lunges. These will help build the muscle, but of course you can't target specific locations for fat loss. It's a whole body process. Building the muscle will speed you along nicely!

Building muscle is difficult... In most situations, being in a deficit makes that even more difficult (and highly unlikely)

OP - do you want slimmer, firmer legs? Or musclier legs? Losing fat and maintaining the muscle you have by following a progressive lifting program will lean out your whole body including your legs (what I presume you mean by "toning"). You can't choose where the fat comes off unfortunately, and doing specific exercises won't make fat come off a certain area faster

I meant slimmer, firmer legs. I know you can’t make fat come off a certain area or loose fat in just a specific one. However, I lost the amount of fat (weight) I wanted to, just one more week left of being in a calorie deficit. After it I wanna start getting at least some shape into it my body, toning my belly, gaining muscles in the opper body, and my upper legs!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Plié and sumo squats always did it for me. General heavy lifting with a focus on compound movements will improve your overall body composition. I also found that running gave me much harder, leaner legs.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    jshaw2025 wrote: »
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts, pliè squats, side lunges. These will help build the muscle, but of course you can't target specific locations for fat loss. It's a whole body process. Building the muscle will speed you along nicely!

Building muscle is difficult... In most situations, being in a deficit makes that even more difficult (and highly unlikely)

OP - do you want slimmer, firmer legs? Or musclier legs? Losing fat and maintaining the muscle you have by following a progressive lifting program will lean out your whole body including your legs (what I presume you mean by "toning"). You can't choose where the fat comes off unfortunately, and doing specific exercises won't make fat come off a certain area faster

I meant slimmer, firmer legs. I know you can’t make fat come off a certain area or loose fat in just a specific one. However, I lost the amount of fat (weight) I wanted to, just one more week left of being in a calorie deficit. After it I wanna start getting at least some shape into it my body, toning my belly, gaining muscles in the opper body, and my upper legs!

Also, here's a great read on what "toning" is, and how to go about it: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/muscle-tone/