Need guidance...

Options
Hi all - I’m three days in, going Keto... I’m still learning and reading a lot, but would like to ask about Salad... can I eat as much of this as I want? What about strawberries and blueberries?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would say no. Salad and fruit has carbs, which you need to limit when doing keto.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Considering keto is about limiting carbs, and fruits and veggies are carbs, I would guess that no, you can't eat an unlimited amount. Greens and berries are lower carb wise, but they do still register a carb total.

Do you have a daily carb goal? Are you logging here?
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    From looking into the diaries of my keto friends, I'd say no to unlimited salad and fruit. Instead they seem to drink unlimited whipping cream and coconut oil.
    Remember that keto isn't magic. You still need to be sure that your at a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. Calorie deficit- weight loss. Just because your low carb or keto doesn't automatically mean you'll lose weight or be healthy.
  • GainsLevelIncreased
    GainsLevelIncreased Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Keto is low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Wanna limit carbs as much as possible. Fruit, and salad are carbs. Maybe limit to 1 serving of each. Just make sure to get a fiber supplement or try to reach at least 20g of fiber with keeping carbs to a minimum.
  • Cesullivan0510
    Cesullivan0510 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for almost two months now. While you don't want to go crazy with the salads, you can have 2 -3 servings of vegetables, and occasionally a serving of berries, in a day. Vegetables are where you want to get your carbs from. Do be mindful of the vegetables you're eating as in-ground vegetables (and corn) tend to be very high in carbs and are starches. Limiting carbs is a big part of keto, but it's not meant to be all meat and fat. There are a lot of misconceptions about keto floating around out there. I would suggest hitting Google or Pinterest for recipes. There are several websites that I've gotten yummy recipes from. I'd encourage you to do more reading, and consider if this is a way of eating you could maintain. When maintaining your weight on keto the restrictions are less, but going right back to the standard, carb heavy, diet is just going to put the weight back on, and fast.

www.marksdailyapple.com - Keto guru, and big advocate of primal/ancestral eating.
    www.headbangerskitchen.com - A lot of the recipes are in grams as he lives in India. He also has a youtube channel if you want to see the recipes in action.
    www.ketoconnect.net - They also have a youtube channel, which includes videos with information on starting keto and what it's all about.
    www.ibreatheimhungry.com - Tons of yummy recipes.

I hope this helped, and good luck with keto!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Forgive me OP for asking... but shouldn't you do most of your research before starting the diet?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I’m three days in, going Keto... I’m still learning and reading a lot, but would like to ask about Salad... can I eat as much of this as I want? What about strawberries and blueberries?

nope, not if you're on Keto...