Do the type of calories I eat affect whether I lose fat or not?

Options
Mirita09
Mirita09 Posts: 16 Member
Hi! So I've been working out 45mins cardio and 45 strengths every day for a month.

I've been eating only 1200 calories, however not neccesarly healthy.. 75% is healthy, and I treat myself with 25% everyday.

Today I did my in body and I lost no fat at all!

Only muscles! Even though l eat enough protein and lift weights!

Does the type of calories I eat (carbs, fat, protein..etc) (as long as kept under my calorie goal 1200) affect whether I lose fat or not?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    How are you determining the amount of calories you are eating? are you using a food scale? and logging every single thing you eat on this app?

If you were in a calorie deficit, i.e eating less than you burn you would be losing weight. Its not the type of foods you eat but the total calories. However, if you eat a lot of high sodium foods that will mask any loss on the scales, high carbs will do the same. That just means our bodies hold on to more water from them, not that there's anything wrong with eating them. There are many factors why losses don't show on the scales though, this is a useful thread >> http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634529/why-did-the-number-on-the-scale-go-up-this-week-heres-why#latest
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Calories are simply units of energy - they are not and cannot be different.
    Yes your calorie balance determines fat loss over time as your body fat is an energy store that you either add to (over eating) or use up when in a deficit.

Foods, macros and calories are all different things that add up to make your diet (noun) - think of your overall diet and not individual components.

Your In Body results need to be viewed with caution, they are subject to big fluctuations if you don't use them under identical and controlled circumstances. Look for the long term trend and don't make decisions based on single readings.