Going out for drinks..

Options

Replies

• lydialou87
    Options
    As long as your drink has ice and lemon in it - no one will ever know! I make mine a sparkling water :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Just say, 'I'm not drinking tonight.' You don't have to justify anything. You are an adult and it's your choice.

I agree.
    I drink what I like and don't feel I need to justify my actions.
    If I want to have an alcoholic drink then I will and if I don't I won't.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I drink what I want, whether I am driving or not. I am not on a diet, I am on a change of lifestyle so I make room for what I want in my calories, walk the dog or take the longer term view over the week and make sure that figure is on target. I work on the theory that a diet is temporary, whereas this is for life. If I can't live within a few boundaries then I need to adjust what I am doing and 1 night out every few weeks isn't going to kill anything off. If I were doing it 2, 3, 4 or more times a week it would be a problem........
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just say, 'I'm not drinking tonight.' You don't have to justify anything. You are an adult and it's your choice.

AMEN!!!
    If you don't want to drink, you don't have to. Order a water with some lemon or lime slices. Or, if you want to drink, just count the calories and log them and make sure not to overdo it. http://rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/toolsresources/caloriecalculator.asp
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

Yep. Don't need to make **** up. Grab a water or something if you want to be holding liquid.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Stick with something simple. I always get vodka, water and lime. It's only about 65 calories considering you only need to count the calories for the 1oz of vodka.!
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with all who say don't drink if you don't want to!

If you DO want to drink, in moderation, I am a HUGE fan of the water with each drink (I just recently FINALLY started doing this and now I'm a convert!) and drink a strong flavored alcohol with club soda, since you can't really do diet drinks. You still get the fizz, you get a little booze, and no extra calories, aside from the alcohol.

My grad school days saw a lot of drinking and biking (not usually by me.....) and you can get pretty badly hurt on a bike after a few drinks, so have one drink and switch to water!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    splash of gin or vodka and couple ounces pineapple juice in water, delicious and not bad on the calories at all, have them put you a cherry or piece of fruit in it so you don't feel cheated
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    As long as your drink has ice and lemon in it - no one will ever know! I make mine a sparkling water :)

Then you get to laugh at the drunk people around you. haha
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Bourbon on the rocks
  • dj59lane
    dj59lane Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    White wine and lots of water with lemon
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I hear that vodka is usually low in cals. maybe have some wine?
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I have had enough alcohol for the night or if I want something between drinks, I drink club soda with a lime - it looks enough like a drink that people don't hassle me. Tasty (to me) and no calories!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke with lime.

Skinny Margaritas.

Dirty Martinis.

Wine.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with all who say don't drink if you don't want to!

If you DO want to drink, in moderation, I am a HUGE fan of the water with each drink (I just recently FINALLY started doing this and now I'm a convert!) and drink a strong flavored alcohol with club soda, since you can't really do diet drinks. You still get the fizz, you get a little booze, and no extra calories, aside from the alcohol.

My grad school days saw a lot of drinking and biking (not usually by me.....) and you can get pretty badly hurt on a bike after a few drinks, so have one drink and switch to water!

Hah! no kidding. I ran into a cement bench doing this. Broke my foot on vacation. spent the rest of the trip in the hotel room watching bad movies on tnt. 20 year olds do the darndest things.
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good quality vodka, soda water and a fresh lime however if you don't want to drink don't.

Yep, definitely this!
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good quality vodka, soda water and a fresh lime however if you don't want to drink don't.

Yep, definitely this!
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "I'm not drinking tonight, I'm off my face on cocaine"

;)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Without diet or low cal mixers I'd probably go with a nicer liquor. I'm not going to go nuts if I'm spending more on a drink and I'm going to take the time to enjoy it more. The added expense is partial explanation.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    "I'm not drinking tonight, I'm off my face on cocaine"

;)

LOL, or this.