Exercise question

Options
I do notice when I log in my exercise for the day my calorie in take increases. Should I use that up or should I try my best to still to my original calorie in take for the day. Any response would be good cause I am new to this and I will welcome any wealth of infor.

Replies

• sararoy1981
    Options
    Firstly - WELCOME to MFP :-)

Secondly - this is a real topic of debate. I posted this question a couple of weeks ago and got mixed replies. Some say you should definitely eat them back, some say you don't have to but can and others say just experiment with it and see what works for you. I wish it was a simple yes or no question as I am struggling with this too. I'm trying to experiment with it and see what works for me but every week that I don't lose or only lose 1lb makes me frustrated, depressed and less likely to stick to anything. Personally, I'd eat some but not all and see what happens for you but if you are anything like me that will frustrate you (I'm an impatient person that just want's something to work!).

I've reduced my calories from 2000+ down to between 1200-1500 a day (depending on whether I eat them back) and my weight loss is very slow, only 1lb per week. It's annoying me because at my size (late 13 stones) I feel I should be losing more just by dropping my calorie intake considerably but it appears not :-(

I hope you find what works best for you or someone gives you the answer you need! Good luck :-)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    I agree with above poster. There is no set answer on this. It is an experiment. I would say listen to your body, but understand that if we did that well, we wouldn't be in this position. Lots of people eat back half. Remember that your body can't run on empty any better than your car can. Some days are over, some days not. I tend to plateau if I don't eat back some of them. Remember to drink water and log. Those are the two best learning tools. Welcome and good luck on your journey.