Missed Meal Prep

Options
col98
col98 Posts: 4 Member
I had a project due for work today so I wasn't able to meal prep this weekend. I really want to get my protein in for today. I may not have my normal food until tonight or tomorrow night. How do you guys get your numbers when missing a meal prep? Any healthy take out alternatives for a day or 2?

Thanks.

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken if you can pop into the grocery store and grab one.
    Greek yogurt with berries can add a chunk of protein to your day too. As well as cottage cheese

Or I pop into a sandwich shop and grab some hard boiled eggs or something (salad, wrap) with chicken breast on it and eat mostly the meat and veggies, so I am getting enough protein but still within my calorie allotment.

Also protein bars/shakes are good for one the go.

Starbucks and Panera have protein boxes or salads that have a decent amount of protein, though some of them are a bit high in calories for me. Their nutritional info is on their website or in myfitnesspal. Those are the only chains I eat at so I don't know for other places
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i missed too
    i put together eggs and cheese, oatmeal, and yogurt/berries in under five minutes this morning

i also try to have healthyish snacks available for days like this
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The rotisserie chicken is a good idea. Add a bag salad or veggie steamer bag and a slice of whole grain bread and it will be about as fast as take out but you’ll have more meat for a couple more meals.