I'm slipping and I need some motivation.

Options
I went from 272 down to 189, now I'm back up to 201. I've been around 190 and 195 for about 3 months now and that's all good, but I find now that I don't get to watch that number drop, I start to lose motivation to eat healthy. Anyone out there feel this way?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Your motivation should be to stay within a certain range, if you see yourself creeping over that range then you know you need to take action. The reality is, if you don't take action you could continue to gain...you wont want that right?
    It's not about eating healthily per se, its about staying within the calories that your body needs to maintain your weight - perhaps you are restricting the type of foods you eat too much?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Start logging everything. Not just the meal,, but why you are eating it, and how you feel right before, right after and an hour after. This will help you pinpoint EXACTLY where you are falling back into bad habits, and help you catch and fix them. It will also help you see where you are still on track and have succeeded in crrating some good habits, whivh is generally a grrat motivator.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Think discipline not motivation. Disciplined people do what they have to do, not what they want to do.

Discipline leads to success..motivation is great..but it does come and go. I totally understand you're tired and don't feel like thinking about it all. Maybe revisit the old fat photos...realize how far you've come and how awful it would be to go back to square one.

You wrote here because you truly don't want to regain. also..set new goals..something fresh..maybe build muscles or work on your abs. Or take on cycling...hiking..some kind of interesting sport. something new to keep from getting bored doing the same thing you did to lose all the weight.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Motivation has a short shelf life. Commitment is the key. Disclaimer - I have failed in the past; committed not to this time.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Another voice for motivation being overrated. It’s great when you have it but you can’t always count on it. Discipline is much more reliable. Your actions are in your control, and anyone can develop discipline if you give it time and prioritize it.

OP, you have achieved great success! Think back on the times you were losing and circumstances made it hard to stay on track. How did you keep your head in the game back then? What did you say to yourself to talk yourself through it? Not rhetorical- I’m curious what worked for you.
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Again, I concur about motivation being overrated. It's about commitment and discipline and oh, yes! That range idea is soooooo important.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Habit.....
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Go check out the NSV thread in “success stories”. It will remind you of all the wonderful things you have accomplished besides decreasing the number on the scale.