Reality Check

Options
Hi ..well today I started tracking my food and monitoring my calorie intake ...I have to lose weight for health reasons ...always knew that it’s just that it became imperative a few weeks back

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best on your journey
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Hi ..well today I started tracking my food and monitoring my calorie intake ...I have to lose weight for health reasons ...always knew that it’s just that it became imperative a few weeks back

Crossing the threshold on your journey to find the new you can be quite eye-opening. I remember looking at my first logs and seeing what I was doing to myself.

Best of luck as you move toward your goals.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Crossing the threshold on your journey to find the new you can be quite eye-opening. I remember looking at my first logs and seeing what I was doing to myself.

Best of luck as you move toward your goals.

This was totally true for me! I realized with some minor tweaks I could cut off some calories that I didn't really need or want i.e cutting back on the oil I cooked with, swapping out goldfish for pretzels, etc.

Also as a stout/porter beer lover some of them can be a giant calorie sinkhole aka Old Rasputin's Stout 300 but Guiness Extra stout ~150, Atwater Vanilla Java porter ~160 both of which I like even better than Old Rasputin
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, glad you found us!