Clean vegan protein

Options
2»

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Many protein powders have artificial sweeteners that some are sensitive to. Vegan protein powders tend to have more fiber. If you’re not used to the sudden increase in fiber, that can cause gas too.

I really like Bob’s Red Mill protein powder, the unflavored pea protein one. I like that I can mix it with anything like fruit, plant milk, or pancake batter and it won’t affect the taste. I also like Orgain protein in the chocolate peanut butter cup flavor.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    bluesbabee wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a plant based, vegan protein that doesn’t cause gas? I think the problem is that most of these powders contain protein that is cheap or unclean. I’ve tried so many!

I like jack fruit great in stews and stuff versatile stuff

Jackfruit is for sure tasty, and people use it as a meat sub in things like faux BBQ pulled pork because of its flavor/texture, but it has pretty negligible protein, sadly: Only about 1.7g protein per 100g raw plain jackfruit, at 95 calories. Possible some jackfruit food products have added protein n some form, though the ones I've tried don't.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    bluesbabee wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a plant based, vegan protein that doesn’t cause gas? I think the problem is that most of these powders contain protein that is cheap or unclean. I’ve tried so many!

I like jack fruit great in stews and stuff versatile stuff

jack fruit is great but not much protein