aggpan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    aggpan wrote: »
    clean eating is about eating whole foods, or "real" foods — those that are un- or minimally processed, refined, and handled, making them as close to their natural form as possible i.e. an apple instead of apple juice/apple pie

And how does clean eating specifically help you lose weight?

So foods like Greek yogurt, steel cut oats, quinoa, and frozen veggies aren’t “real”? [/quote

Ok I get the comment about the fact that i need to reduce the calories etc
    But I prefer to reduce calories and eat healthy choices at the same time.,,for example to get the same calories as a Big Mac by eating a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes.
    Also to exercise at the same time..Ideally I would like to lose weight and also be fit, strong and healty...In any case I would definetely add greek yougurt and frozen veggies under 'MY healty eating' list :)

I think everyone you meet here would advocate eating an overall healthy diet, but it’s important to understand that just eating clean doesn’t guarantee weight loss, clean means something different to everyone that talked about doing it, that labeling something “processed” and something else “real” doesn’t really adequately convey what nutritional contribution it makes to your diet, and in the context of an overall balanced diet, there’s nothing wrong with a Big Mac or any other junk food in moderation. I don’t usually choose a Big Mac but if I’m out running around with my kids on a Saturday it’s kind of hard to accommodate a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes, but I can fit in a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad from Wendy’s pretty easily. That it came from a fast food place doesn’t negate the fact that it has protein, carbs, fat and micro nutrients.

No sarcasm - just trying to help point out how generally unhelpful it is to arbitrarily label foods.

No but I would question the source of this protein and fat .. do they use extra virgin olive oil? is the chicken full of hormones or free range ? By all means I absolutely LOVE wendys and im going to eat there every now and then but its not a healthy choice and Im trying to avoid thats all...

Again... why is it not a healthy choice? What’s active harm does Wendy’s do to your health?

You’re obviously free to choose however you want to eat and it sounds like you’ve got a set of rules you’re trying to follow for yourself - but it’s still an arbitrary and subjective set of parameters for you and not something that is definitive and consistent. Wendy’s can be part of an overall balanced and healthy diet. So can pretty much any food. Eating antibiotic free meats and extra virgin olive oil is certainly something that many people strive for, but it doesn’t make them objectively healthy foods and foods that don’t adhere to these guidelines objectively unhealthy.

So would you eat every day Wendys or from whatever other fast food chain?Lets pretend there was no cost associated...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Back to the original question - it’s not that you’re not losing weight it’s that with so little weight to lose the weight is going to come off very slowly and you’ll need to be meticulous with your logging. It’s not realistic to lose more than half pound or quarter kilo per week when you are so close to goal. Set your rate of loss to that goal and make sure your logging is very precise.
  • aggpan
    Options
    Back to the original question - it’s not that you’re not losing weight it’s that with so little weight to lose the weight is going to come off very slowly and you’ll need to be meticulous with your logging. It’s not realistic to lose more than half pound or quarter kilo per week when you are so close to goal. Set your rate of loss to that goal and make sure your logging is very precise.

cheers...its just that its so unfair to get the extra weight so easy and lose it so hard LOL
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    clean eating is about eating whole foods, or "real" foods — those that are un- or minimally processed, refined, and handled, making them as close to their natural form as possible i.e. an apple instead of apple juice/apple pie

And how does clean eating specifically help you lose weight?

So foods like Greek yogurt, steel cut oats, quinoa, and frozen veggies aren’t “real”? [/quote

Ok I get the comment about the fact that i need to reduce the calories etc
    But I prefer to reduce calories and eat healthy choices at the same time.,,for example to get the same calories as a Big Mac by eating a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes.
    Also to exercise at the same time..Ideally I would like to lose weight and also be fit, strong and healty...In any case I would definetely add greek yougurt and frozen veggies under 'MY healty eating' list :)

I think everyone you meet here would advocate eating an overall healthy diet, but it’s important to understand that just eating clean doesn’t guarantee weight loss, clean means something different to everyone that talked about doing it, that labeling something “processed” and something else “real” doesn’t really adequately convey what nutritional contribution it makes to your diet, and in the context of an overall balanced diet, there’s nothing wrong with a Big Mac or any other junk food in moderation. I don’t usually choose a Big Mac but if I’m out running around with my kids on a Saturday it’s kind of hard to accommodate a steak and homemade salad with organic tomatoes, but I can fit in a grilled chicken sandwich and side salad from Wendy’s pretty easily. That it came from a fast food place doesn’t negate the fact that it has protein, carbs, fat and micro nutrients.

No sarcasm - just trying to help point out how generally unhelpful it is to arbitrarily label foods.

No but I would question the source of this protein and fat .. do they use extra virgin olive oil? is the chicken full of hormones or free range ? By all means I absolutely LOVE wendys and im going to eat there every now and then but its not a healthy choice and Im trying to avoid thats all...

Again... why is it not a healthy choice? What’s active harm does Wendy’s do to your health?

You’re obviously free to choose however you want to eat and it sounds like you’ve got a set of rules you’re trying to follow for yourself - but it’s still an arbitrary and subjective set of parameters for you and not something that is definitive and consistent. Wendy’s can be part of an overall balanced and healthy diet. So can pretty much any food. Eating antibiotic free meats and extra virgin olive oil is certainly something that many people strive for, but it doesn’t make them objectively healthy foods and foods that don’t adhere to these guidelines objectively unhealthy.

So would you eat every day Wendys or from whatever other fast food chain?Lets pretend there was no cost associated...

Would I personally? No, but that’s because I enjoy a varied and balanced diet of lots of different types of foods including home made, convenience, fine dining and fast food. Eating every day from the same place even if it was a five star restaurant would get boring. But there have been experiments done, Twinkie diet, all McDonalds, even a member here, @Dvdgzz (maybe he or someone else can Link the thread) where people have eaten this way to prove a point that you can lose weight and continue to be healthy and active, on a limited “junk food” diet.

Look, there are lots of misconceptions around dieting and weight loss and one of the biggest ones that causes people to fail, or not even start, is believing you have to give up all your favorite foods to lose weight, or that you have to eat “clean” to be healthy. I prefer to make sure that people know there’s nothing wrong with eating all foods in moderation and there’s nothing inherently unhealthy about McDonalds or cookies, or pizza. If you want to build a diet around all organic, hormone free, clean, real and whatever other trendy labels you applied to the foods you eat that’s great. But it won’t help you solve your weight loss problem and it’s not a requirement for being “healthy” either.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Patience grasshopper, patience. ;) I was expecting to hear that you'd lost no weight but a kilo in 3 weeks is good. Congrats.
  • aggpan
    edited May 2018
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    Patience grasshopper, patience. ;) I was expecting to hear that you'd lost no weight but a kilo in 3 weeks is good. Congrats.

:)