Diet, Exercise or BOTH more effective ahead of holiday?

Options
Hi, I am going on holiday in 5 weeks time and would like to look extra trim. My goal each week is 1,370 calories as I exercise around 4 times week (HIIT, Bounce, Spinning, Gym - weights and jogging) and have been doing this for 6 months so its a way of life. However, I probably average around 1,530 over a week and am losing inches, despite the scales not really moving. My question is, ahead of this holiday, should I change my routine and focus onto either dieting and aiming for 1,200 calories consistently or up the exercise? Or both? I just want to look my best in a bikini - and that is slim and toned. What do you advise is most effective for the best results?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, your optimal rate of loss per week, drops too. Use that information to make a decision.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    So you've basically been maintaining your weight. But if you are happy with inch loss because you are toning up then perhaps you need do nothing.
    If you want to lose then you need to look at your intake and reduce it a bit.
  • leandra23xx
    leandra23xx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I think I need to be sensible and yes stay away from the scales, eat a little less in the lead up to the holiday and to concentrate on the toning with full body workouts. Since I have started running recently and HIIT classes, the scales have gone up 1kg but clothes are fitting me well, so have to concentrate on the toning side of things. Mental challenge!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    My advice is to keep doing exactly what you are doing until your holiday, and then go and have fun.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best to keep you in a consistent calorie deficit.