Negative calories??

Options
bobby927
bobby927 Posts: 12 Member
Why do my calories from my 10,000+steps not count or turn to negative calories after a run and I burn 400-500 calories?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    What is your activity level set to in MFP. You generally get negative adjustments when your activity tracker is estimating that your activity level is going to be less than what was selected in MFP.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your run? If so, it's overwriting what your activity tracker (which is meant to pick that up) says for that time period.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    what they both said :smile:
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    bobby927 wrote: »
    Why do my calories from my 10,000+steps not count or turn to negative calories after a run and I burn 400-500 calories?

Are you using S health or UA Record? If so there is a known bug. I have the same issue. Once you log an exercise with a Tracker that use UA Record or S Health you lose your step count. If you have negative calorie adjustment turned on it flips your step count negative. Its been going on since like Thursday last week. I received this response from the MFP team at the Tech support site.

Hello,

We are aware of the problem, and are currently working on a resolution.

For now we would suggest not manually entering in exercises like this.

We hope to have a fix in place as soon as possible. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Warm Regards,
    Maximiliano
    MyFitnessPal Staff