I have lost 25 pounds and have about 11 more to go.

Options
I am 5"3 and I am 131 pounds. I started at 155.5. I feel good about my results. I lost about 1.5 pounds a week but it has slowed down now. I am still doing everything exactly the same. I am going on vacation in 3 weeks and plan to eat at maintenance. I am torn on keeping at 1 pound a week and going down to .5. Its not due to calories since I work out a lot it just seems to be going slower. KWIM? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Candie

Gym:
Cycle 3x a week
Yoga 1xa week
Cardio and weight training 2-3x a week

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You are doing great- keep it up- I say enjoy your vacation- but keep in mind your progress so you don't go too far- if you know what I mean- to eat at maintenance seems fine
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    The last 10 lbs are a bit harder to lose, in my opinion. So, maybe bump your loss down to .5 a week or RAMP up your cardio and burn those extra calories so you can lose those lbs that you want gone. I found that diligently logging and weighing everything along with extensive cardio was the only way I hit my goal when I got down to just 10lb left. That was a few years ago so I don't remember if I was losing 1lb a week still or .5...but either way the last few lbs are the hardest.
    enjoy your vacation! I've got two trips coming up and I'm just SO ready!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Yes, the last few pounds will be very very slow. With only 11 pounds to go, do change your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5 pounds.
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Maybe check out the refeed and diet break thread, with your vacation coming up, maybe a good time to look into a diet break, some people find it helpful.