Does everyone have a plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @NickyGee2015 Thanks! I'm going to use your format to formalize my own goals.

Need: Healthy BMI
    Goal: Lose 15 pounds
    Timeframe: September 1, 2018 (1 lb per week)

Nutrition: Maintaining my WFPBNO diet while eating at a calorie deficit (<1300kCal).
    Exercise: At least 10k steps per day, Lifting Heavy 2 to 3 times per week.
    Sleep: Eliminating screens in the bedroom
    Stress: Yoga once a week

• pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    It’s a great starting plan! Start reading about Macronutrients too and what ratio of protein carbs and fat will work for you.

I would say shelve that until you get accustomed to counting your calories. Most people get a sense over time what foods leave them more satisfied and will naturally start making swaps for more filling things, and what's filling (protein, carbs, fiber) varies from person to person. Many people never give any particular attention to their macro percentages, unless they have particular fitness goals.

I agree it this, it's best to keep it simple at first. I've restarted a few times, and I find I've done best when I've kept it simple. Even if you just log your calories at first, eat like normal, log everything you eat, and then see how you can change. One little change at a time.

Right now my plan is no processed starches or sugars for two weeks, and to stay under my allotted 1600 calories.
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Short-term & long-term
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Log my food, try and stay within my calories, workout at least 4 times a week, but other than that no real plan. Slow and steady weight loss is my goal.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It is a good start. I have a plan for the next year, but that may change depending upon how things go. It is important to have a solid plan, but it is equally important to be willing to change that plan if it is not producing results.