How do I get started???

Options
jeanniet416
jeanniet416 Posts: 2 Member
Hello My name is Jeannie, I am kinda new with this app because although I downloaded it about 3 months ago, I didn't successfully use it because I really didn't know how to. However, I want to lose weight, lose inches and tone up so badly.

I had a total gastric bypass 11 years ago where I lost 124 lbs. I am 5 ft. tall. I use to weigh 247 lbs, I went down to 123 lbs. I have kept it off these 11 years; I use to work out at the gym almost everyday. Then I started grad school so with working full time as a teacher going to school at night, I didn't have time to go to the gym. I was in grad school for about 5 years. I obtained 2 masters degrees and earned enough extra credits to obtain a PHD if I wrote a dissertation, which I'm not going to do. Finally after graduation, I started back going to the gym and I actually still kept the weight off.

Since then, in the last 4 years, I have gained about 20 lbs. I currently weigh about 141 lbs. This is due to quitting smoking, and quitting drinking wine, and getting over a divorce, and recently,10 months ago, retiring from my job of 34 years.

One thing I hated about my body after the gastric bypass was my excess hanging skin on stomach. With gaining the pounds, not exercising consistently, and eating the wrong things, my stomach was horrible, I was embarrassed in my clothes, Spanks were my best friend. So I decided to get a tummy tuck. I did that 4 months ago. Now I am working out about 2 or 3 times a week which to me is a chore to go to the gym, I also have a personal trainer I see one time a week. Although the tummy tuck and liposuction got rid of the excess skin and fat, and flattened my stomach but not as much as I wanted it to. The surgeon said he took off 10 pounds of skin and fat. He said my stomach hung on the middle of my thighs. It doesn't now, its normal. However, I still don't feel like I look the way I want to.

So now I am going to try My Fitness Pal again like I'm suppose to, my trainer guarantees me it works. I just don't know how to do it. I asked the trainer how, he said I can read it on the app, but where? I really need someone to guide me where to look step by step. I even have the app on my Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro Watch.

Hope someone read this so I can get help, I know I was long winded.

Replies