Tamoxifen and resulting weight gain

Options
Is there anyone out there who has had success maintaining/ losing/ or even just fighting weight gain while on Tamoxifen?

I realize it beats the alternative but after having lost over 200 lbs I am slowly watching my weight creep up and it's pretty distressing. Taking an honest hard look, some of it can be attributed to the fact that various surgeries have kept me from being as active, and some of it is my own poor choices. (I'm a stress eater and have also done my share of embracing the whole "go easy on yourself, breast cancer is hard enough" excuse with treats.) Some of the weight gain, however, was happening even when I was on-point and super active. My doctors have already said that this triathlon season is out but I have JUST been released to get back to lifting and activity other than just walking. Hopefully I'll be back in the water soon but I need to wait for one tiny remaining drain hole to heal. My oncologist will re-assess the medication a few months after radiation is done but if anyone has any tips or insight on fighting the weight gain and dealing with the other less than pleasant side effects I'd really appreciate it. It's bumming me out.

Replies

• Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am on Tamoxifen.. I lost 40 pounds..and maintaining..
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I am on Tamoxifen.. I lost 40 pounds..and maintaining..

Awesome! Did you have any side effects? Do you have any tips to offer? Do you follow a particular eating plan?