Weight loss question

Options
Hi everyone
I currently weigh 230lbs, I am a female and I’m 5’7 20 years old

For the past 3 days I have been following a 1,600 calorie a day guidline and walking everyday/doing workout videos. I am also breastfeeding.
My overall goal is to get down to 130..... my question is if I keep this up how long do you think it would take to lose 50 pounds? I just wanted an estimate to keep motivating me:) thanks

Replies

• Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Figure about 1lb a week in the beginning, it will slow down the closer you get to your goal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Did your doctor give you this calorie recommendation? I think when you are breastfeeding it's more important to make sure you are eating enough...1600 plus exercising doesn't really sound like enough for a breastfeeding woman.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Did your doctor give you this calorie recommendation? I think when you are breastfeeding it's more important to make sure you are eating enough...1600 plus exercising doesn't really sound like enough for a breastfeeding woman.

Agreed, you risk losing your milk supply if you undereat. I've seen many breastfeeding moms here say they eat their maintenance level calories and the breastfeeding burns enough calories to give them the deficit they need. You might want to check with your doc.