Weigh In

Options
How often should I weigh to track my progress?

Replies

• Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Its a personal preference really. I personally weigh in once or twice a week. Usually on Wednesdays and/or Fridays. I found that when I was weighing ever day I was getting distracted by that small fluctuation that you get naturally from day to day.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. If you're emotional about your weight and the number on teh scale, then probably less often. If not, and if you understand what that number represents, then as often as you like.

In either case, trend-weight apps like libra and happy scale (there are others) can be helpful.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive so I do it everyday
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Another every dayer here too and I use libra to track my progress
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    For some reason my weight is surprisingly stable; I have been within 1.2 pounds of 160 every time I have weighed for the last 3 weeks or so. I weigh every couple of days. If I see a spike one way or the other, I try to think about what might have caused it more out of curiosity than concern. I track everything every day , rarely go over and when i do it's usually by a small amount so I am sure that a spike is not a sudden significant gain or loss of body mass.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, as soon as I wake up & after going to the bathroom. If you track your food & exercise religiously, you'll have no problem pinpointing where you went off track in case of a large fluctuation. Don't sweat the small ones (unless they become the norm), because it can be caused by any number of reasons.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I weigh every day cos I can't stop myself. I update mfp with my weight every Friday, only getting a little bit miffed if It's not my lowest for the week :D
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning because I don't want to miss the low dips, even knowing there will be high ones. If I forget for some reason right after I get up and visit the bathroom, then I just wait until the next day.