What are your favorite Aldi finds?

Options
Our Aldi just opened recently and I'm loving all of the wonderful food options, especially their organic and gluten free stuff.

What Aldi exclusive products do you love?

Replies

• CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely the produce! And they have laughing cow wedge knock offs that are really good. I buy their frozen shrimp, scallops and fish. And the center cut bacon - 25 calories a slice!
  • LadyElectron
    LadyElectron Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Besides the basics (produce, meat, canned beans, pasta, dairy, nuts, dried fruit etc) most of the foods I love from Aldi I have to eat in moderation. They have so many tempting and delicious snack foods it can be kind of a pit fall for dieting. Belmont brand ice cream is delicious, I like it better than the special select which is more expensive anyway. Their chocolate is really good, my fave is the dark chocolate bars with the red label, and milk chocolate fruit and hazelnut bars (purple label). I also love love the Clancy’s veggie straws. They are better than the name brand and taste like French fries to me. I also love their sweet potato chips.

I tried their protein powder (elevation vanilla flavor) and it made me bloated and upset my stomach, but you may have a different experience- it’s the only protein powder I’ve ever tried.

Their coffee is really good too. I always get the fair trade medium roast and nothing ever tastes as good to me.

Their Greek yogurt is fine too, but not as good as fage (in my opinion that’s the best one)

You said you like the gluten free stuff so I won’t get into all their tasty bread and cookies!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. Besides the basics (produce, meat, canned beans, pasta, dairy, nuts, dried fruit etc) most of the foods I love from Aldi I have to eat in moderation. They have so many tempting and delicious snack foods it can be kind of a pit fall for dieting. Belmont brand ice cream is delicious, I like it better than the special select which is more expensive anyway. Their chocolate is really good, my fave is the dark chocolate bars with the red label, and milk chocolate fruit and hazelnut bars (purple label). I also love love the Clancy’s veggie straws. They are better than the name brand and taste like French fries to me. I also love their sweet potato chips.

I tried their protein powder (elevation vanilla flavor) and it made me bloated and upset my stomach, but you may have a different experience- it’s the only protein powder I’ve ever tried.

Their coffee is really good too. I always get the fair trade medium roast and nothing ever tastes as good to me.

Their Greek yogurt is fine too, but not as good as fage (in my opinion that’s the best one)

You said you like the gluten free stuff so I won’t get into all their tasty bread and cookies!

You can, my family isn't GF :)

• MeaganR10
    MeaganR10 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree that Clancy's Veggie Straws are better than the name brand as well. They also have the apple cinnamon straws. My son loves their squeeze pouch yogurts. We buy their shrimp, salsa, and guacamole a lot. Of course their produce is awesome too!
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Our Aldi just opened recently and I'm loving all of the wonderful food options, especially their organic and gluten free stuff.

What Aldi exclusive products do you love?

I got a bike maintenance stand.

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/aldi-finds-for-may-16/may-16-detail/ps/p/bikemate-bike-assembly-stand/

I bought mine last year when they offered them. It's a steal for $30 and makes working on our bikes easier.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of my weekly shop now comes from Aldi (UK). Their yoghurts and cheese are great and I love the range of cold meats. Just wish they’d bring back the ambient-store stuffed pastas they used to do - they were a real staple in our house and the “keep chilled” ones are much more expensive (both £ and KCal).

(Also if you barcode scan a lot of their stuff it matches to other, more expensive brands. Example - their Stilton = Tesco Finest (!) Stilton according to barcode, but less than half the price per 100g)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I love their plain Greek yogurt -- it's the only one I don't mind on its own, without adding sugars to sweeten it up. Their Fit and Active shredded cheeses are nice too. I add them to salads, pizzas, etc and don't stress over the calories.

I also love their Cool Ranch Dorito knock offs and the imitation Girl Scout cookies (mint and samoas). But those aren't exactly calorie friendly lol.

And I have a different experience with the produce. Unfortunately my local Aldi doesn't really have fresh veggies :( They're always on the verge of rotting!
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    They sell an off-brand version of the cherry-lime and blackberry-cucumber La Croix Curate flavors for like half the price, which is awesome because I'm addicted to them...
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I buy the bagged chopped salads they offer for lunches - they're about 2/3 the cost of the name brand. I get most of my dairy - milk, eggs, yogurt and cheese - there as well.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't often shop at Aldi because in my small city we just have one location and it is PACKED from open to close, even at 2 pm on a Tuesday (and even though we've had an Aldi store for 25 years or more).

But the stuff I do like to get...

unsalted roasted peanuts
    prosecco
    multigrain "Fit n' Active" waffles (BEST frozen waffle ever and just 70 cal each)
    hummus (especially the classic, garlic, and roasted pepper varieties...not a big fan of the olive one)
    feta crumbles
    crazy-cheap avocadoes (though quality & size vary a lot)
    various frozen fish items, including their battered fillets for a guilty pleasure, easy meal (tasty!)
    cheap eggs & almond milk
    plain nonfat Greek yogurt (cheap, not the best though)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    bagels, whole wheat sandwich thins, partially baked baguettes, pasta sauces, lentil soup, baby kosher dill pickles, vanilla soy milk (although they don't have an unsweetened soy milk in my Aldi), salsas, (really, they have great prices on anything jarred/canned and they're almost all good although I don't care for their specialty olives), triscuit style crackers, hummus "quartet" (4 kinds: roasted red pepper, garlic, cilantro jalapeno, and traditional)

I find I don't care for their sweet baked goods that are by the bread section, for the most part (muffins, pound cakes, etc). I don't buy them any more but when I used to try them sometimes I was generally disappointed. They often seemed heavy, overly sweetened, and artificial tasting. That said, I second the Girl Scout cookie knockoffs, those are dangerously convincing.
  • fitbit9672
    fitbit9672 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Simply Nature Marinara. Yum! Also Clancy’s veggie chips and veggie straws. Produce is sooo cheap! I always stock up. Their almond milk is good, too
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If my friends babies are over, I buy Aldi pre-made pizza to pop into the oven for easy lunch options. Cheese, Pepperoni and Vegetarian. It's like a pizza mega family size pizza party for $15.

ETA: auto correct. Ughh
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'll get snack type foods at Aldi but that's pretty much it. I used to buy fruit and veggies there but the quality wasn't very good. Because of this, I don't trust the raw meat.

They have good pricing on frozen things like chicken nuggets, waffles and ice cream! They also have the lowest price for things like crackers, chips and cookies and they taste exactly the same as the brand name.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Their fruit and veg never seems to last very long but apart from that, I love ALDI! We get everything from there. Teabags, cans of chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and yoghurts are our favourite. The new 'healthy' ready meal range they've got in the fridges is quite nice as well. Their meats are delicious and we've never had a problem with them.

Things that haven't been so good- the fruit and veg, the choc chip cake bars and french fancy style cakes

Our favourites- the pea snacks (you can get a branded version in supermarkets but it's so much more expensive!), tea, jam (I'm obsessed with their blackcurrant one), honey soaked seeded bloomer bread, cat food (not for us, obviously, but their cat food is really cheap and our cats seem to like it)
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    OMG the Chocolate, biscuits, museli bars, breads, dairy, cereals, beauty products - I could go on!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love me some Aldi. I love the Fit and Active Flatbreads (90 cals and 9 gms fiber, say what?) , Fit and Active turkey kielbasa, their house brand Laughing Cow wedges at 25 cals a pop, all the cereals, and their produce is always on point and cheap. Damn. I need to make a shopping trip, pronto.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot their chipotle black bean veggie burgers. So delicious!
  • motorcart
    motorcart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always buy their organic black beans because they are way less in sodium than regular black beans, i buy simply nature chicken broth the low sodium, i love their simply nature olive oil spray and its cheaper than any of the olive oil sprays at walmart where the only ingredient is olive oil. i buy the bagged spinach and a frozen fruit and lots of different aldi finds as the weeks pass!! oh and frozen veggies too