No sugar diet plan

Options
Uisceuisce
Uisceuisce Posts: 37 Member
Did /does anyone here follow a no sugar diet plan for weightloss/to lose tummy fat? How do you find it? Is it sustainable? Thank you

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    What may be sustainable for someone else, doesn't mean it is for everyone. Personally? It wouldn't work for me. I love my sugar. I just make sure to keep my calories within my goal and I lose weight without cutting out anything.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A sugar-free diet would have you eliminating foods like fruit, vegetables, and dairy. Do you mean no *added* sugar plan or something else?

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Uisceuisce wrote: »
    Did /does anyone here follow a no sugar diet plan for weightloss/to lose tummy fat? A calorie deficit causes weight loss, not a "no sugar diet" - whatever that is.

How do you find it? I would find it impossible, as there is sugar in fruit, dairy, etc.

Is it sustainable? Not for me.

Thank you

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much in the way of added sugar...but no sugar would mean no fruits and veg, and that isn't happening for me. I get around 6 servings of veg per day and a serving or two of fruit.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do you mean excess quantities of added sugar? If so, nutrition labels will start showing added sugar soon.

I was surprised to find a Larabar that had 20g sugar but 0g of it was added sugar. It was all from the fruit it was made of.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    A very low carb ketogenic diet would be it. I go to zero sugar at times.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I often eat little added sugar (sadly, it makes no difference to "tummy fat" as you lose where you lose), but I get plenty of sugar in whole foods like fruit, veg, dairy, sweet potatoes, etc. I did do keto briefly and still ate some sugar (I ate as many veg as I could within my carb limit, which was still a decent amount, and they have sugar of course), and I had no resulting loss of fat around my middle. If there was a miracle diet for that (there's not), I would love it, as that's where fat comes off last for me, sigh.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Nope because it's not sustainable for me. I love fruits and veggies.
    I'd rather eat a well balanced wide variety diet in proper portions than to deprive myself.
    Deprivation diets can lead to trouble for some and they are not sustainable for most for the long term.
    Instead I learned portion control and moderation. This way I can eat the foods I love but within my calorie allotment.
    Cutting out sugar alone won't cause weight loss or a flat stomach. You'd still need to create a calorie deficit. calorie deficit- weight loss.
    Don't be fooled by the fads and myths.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I eat very little added sugar, but do eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and dairy.

I find that this makes no difference whatsoever to the amount of fat that I carry on my stomach or anywhere else and that I lose fat from my stomach like I lose it anywhere else ... by continuing to eat in a calorie deficit.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Even though I, also, eat very little added sugar I don't like the word "No" when it comes to dieting unless it is a medical issue. "No" makes my inner child kind of rebellious.
  • ninjamere1
    ninjamere1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I cut way back on added sugar to get my calories lower. I was eating a ridiculous amount of candy so it had to be done.

Otherwise I don't pay any attention to sugars in foods. I try to eat a well rounded diet within my calorie allowance. Sometimes I have something sweet sometimes I don't. Still losing weight.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat much added sugar at all, but I eat a lot of fruit, veggies and dairy. Using MyFitnessPal target goal, I normally come in under for sugar but not by a lot.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Even though I, also, eat very little added sugar I don't like the word "No" when it comes to dieting unless it is a medical issue. "No" makes my inner child kind of rebellious.

Besides, what would life be without the occasional Blizzard or Ferrero Rocher?