Snack Pack Sugar Free

How can these taste so sweet and good while only being 5 calories? Do you think that is faulty advertisement? mg421ep9gat0.png

Replies

• saraclark62
    saraclark62 Posts: 41 Member
    How can these taste so sweet and good while only being 5 calories? Do you think that is faulty advertisement? mg421ep9gat0.png

Sorry - 10.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    They use artificial sweeteners. How would it be faulty advertisement?
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Water and artificial sweeteners.

Ingredients
    Filtered Water, Less Than 2% Of: Fruit Juice From Concentrate (Water. Apple, Pear, Peach, Pineapple), Maltitol, Potassium Citrate, Carrageenan, Citric Acid, Adipic Acid, Carob Bean Gum, Sodium Citrate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Red 40, Blue 1.
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    I like it because it rhymes
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Magic
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,011 Member

Ingredients
    Filtered Water, Less Than 2% Of: Fruit Juice From Concentrate (Water. Apple, Pear, Peach, Pineapple), Maltitol, Potassium Citrate, Carrageenan, Citric Acid, Adipic Acid, Carob Bean Gum, Sodium Citrate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Red 40, Blue 1.

Yep, just bolded for emphasis. I suspect they can say Sugar Free with the fruit juice because it's such a small amount it qualifies to be rounded down to zero.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,373 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

Ingredients

Yep, just bolded for emphasis. I suspect they can say Sugar Free with the fruit juice because it's such a small amount it qualifies to be rounded down to zero.

You missed the Maltitol - a sweet sugar alcohol. :smile:
  • NGentRD
    NGentRD Posts: 181 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »

Ingredients

Did the snow maltitol when I was away?
  • kimny72

Ingredients

Good catch, thanks. All kinds of sweet stuff in there!
  • saraclark62
    saraclark62 Posts: 41 Member
    Does it have calories?

Ingredients

• kimny72
    Does it have calories?

Ingredients

Yes, sugar alcohols contribute a small amount of calories.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member

Sorry - 10.

Lately, they all seem to say 5 calories. In every store I buy them in. I haven't seen 10 calories in at least 6 or more months.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,728 Member

Sorry - 10.

Lately, they all seem to say 5 calories. In every store I buy them in. I haven't seen 10 calories in at least 6 or more months.

I recently bought a couple 4 packs of the lime and they say 10.