Low Calorie Barbecue Sauce

Options
cdudley628
cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
I'm looking to make some barbecue pulled chicken this weekend and I'm wondering if anybody knows of a lower calorie barbecue sauce? I'd much prefer to buy it already bottled, but if it comes down to it then I can make some from scratch if anybody has a recipe for that.

I own a few bottles of barbecue sauce that have 60-75 calories in 2 tablespoons. I'm looking for closer to 30 calories for 2 tablespoons, but 40 cals wouldn't be so bad either.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,957 Member
    Options
    I usually mix equal parts bottle BBQ sauce with hot sauce (like Cholula or Valentinas.) The hot sauce gives it a lot of kick for very few calories. You could use salsa, or any prepared low cal sauce and mix them to taste.

Or just use a dry rub and a tiny bit of BBQ.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    You may wanna try "G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Honey Flavored BBQ Sauce" :wink:
    qora005aeurg.png

It's pretty good -- not the best I've had but for 10-cals /30ml -- quite good
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It’s not particularly low cal, but Sticky Fingers Memphis Original is 45 calories for 2 tbsp (35g). It’s a little more tangy than sweet, and a little goes a long way. I made bbq ribs with it the other day and it only added about 200 calories to the whole rack of ribs.
  • fbledsoe
    fbledsoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make your own. Tomato sauce, worcestershire, splenda brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper. You can customize to your own liking for sweetness or spice.
  • renaecotton123
    renaecotton123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I second the G Hughes brand. I just made pulled BBQ chicken with this BBQ sauce plus fat free Italian dressing plus worschestshire sauce.