Not loosing weight

Options
Jesslane93
Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
I'm really not sure why I am not loosing weight, so If anyone has some suggested that would be great. I tell you a little about me and what I am doing to try loose weight.

I am 5 foot 3 (163cm)
156 pounds (71 kg)
goal weight 61kg (134 pounds)

This is not my first time loosing weight, I have successfully lost 25kg (55 pounds) over a year back in 2014, and kept it off for another year until I got pregnant with my second child. Gained back 20kg, but 10kg just fell off after the birth, and 2 years later I am still struggling to loose the extra 10 kg (22 pounds) to get back to my healthy weight.

Been at it for 35 days straight now without loosing any weight. (Not my first attempt either in the past 2 years, but when you going a month or more without seeing any success it get discouraging)

I eat 1400-1500 cals a day, and work out 6-7 days a week, some days I eat as low as 1200, if I have had a really lazy day. I use fitbit to track my activity, and usually do around 7-8k steps a day, and I do anywhere between 20-40 mins of activity a day usually walking or aerobics workout. I weigh, measure and log all my food. I know how to do that well so i am confident I am in my calorie range as this is not the first time doing this. (last time I lost weight I would eat 1500 calories and workout 3-4 times a week, and without a doubt would loose 0.5kg a week (1 pound))

I have temporary made my food diary public so if anyone can get an idea what I am doing wrong this time would greatly appreciate it.
(also don't mind the pizza in yesterday diary, i went a bit crazy because I was craving it so bad haha, but apart from that I usually do pretty good everyday with my eating)

Replies

• kflores1621
    kflores1621 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I looked over your food diary and doesn't seem bad at all. But I did notice the drinks, are you drinking any water ? I try to shoot anywhere between 4-10 glass a day of water.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I looked over your food diary and doesn't seem bad at all. But I did notice the drinks, are you drinking any water ? I try to shoot anywhere between 4-10 glass a day of water.

I've lost all my weight by drinking primarily Dt Dr Pepper.

As far as your diet, it appears you're weighing everything. Are you entering your own recipes or relying on ones others have entered?

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you're weighing all solids, especially your apples. I would start there.

Also, are the items like lasagna, mashed sweet potatoes, and tacos your own recipes? If you're just picking them from the database you can't guarantee that they have the same ingredients used and calories/macros.
  • Jesslane93
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It doesn't look like you're weighing all solids, especially your apples. I would start there.

Also, are the items like lasagna, mashed sweet potatoes, and tacos your own recipes? If you're just picking them from the database you can't guarantee that they have the same ingredients used and calories/macros.

These are all my own recipes I have entered in my recipe section, with all the right brands of mince, cheese and weight etc
  • Jesslane93
    Options
    All my meals are entered into the recipe section with right ingredients and weight etc. Even my daily cuppa tea i did in the recipe section with the right weight of sugar and correct volume of milk.
  • serindipte
    Options
    When you say you haven't lost any weight... does that mean literally? Or you've not lost as much as you'd hoped?
  • Jesslane93
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    When you say you haven't lost any weight... does that mean literally? Or you've not lost as much as you'd hoped?

when I started logging everyday and staying in calorie goal 35 days ago, i weighted myself I was 71.1kg. I weight myself a second time a little over a week ago first thing in the morning, and my weight was 71.9 So I didn't let that get to me, maybe water weight I was thinking. Weighed myself again this morning and it was 71.7. So pretty much jumping around those numbers, no weight lost.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Jesslane93 wrote: »
    I'm really not sure why I am not loosing weight, so If anyone has some suggested that would be great. I tell you a little about me and what I am doing to try loose weight.

I am 5 foot 3 (163cm)
    156 pounds (71 kg)

This is not my first time loosing weight, I have successfully lost 25kg (55 pounds) over a year back in 2014, and kept it off for another year until I got pregnant with my second child. Gained back 20kg, but 10kg just fell off after the birth, and 2 years later I am still struggling to loose the extra 10 kg (22 pounds) to get back to my healthy weight.

Been at it for 35 days straight now without loosing any weight. (Not my first attempt either in the past 2 years, but when you going a month or more without seeing any success it get discouraging)

I eat 1400-1500 cals a day, and work out 6-7 days a week, some days I eat as low as 1200, if I have had a really lazy day. I use fitbit to track my activity, and usually do around 7-8k steps a day, and I do anywhere between 20-40 mins of activity a day usually walking or aerobics workout. I weigh, measure and log all my food. I know how to do that well so i am confident I am in my calorie range as this is not the first time doing this. (last time I lost weight I would eat 1500 calories and workout 3-4 times a week, and without a doubt would loose 0.5kg a week (1 pound))

I have temporary made my food diary public so if anyone can get an idea what I am doing wrong this time would greatly appreciate it.
    (also don't mind the pizza in yesterday diary, i went a bit crazy because I was craving it so bad haha, but apart from that I usually do pretty good everyday with my eating)

are you using a food scale and picking accurate entries? it shows some solids in grams and others in ml. all solids and semi solids should be in grams. . also I see some of your fruit as apple-1 medium. 3 medium apples can range in size,weight and calories. the dominos pizza is that a slice or? are you properly weighing your sugar in your tea? are you actually weighing your 2 slices of bread? they arent going to be 74g every time.

There has to be either errors in the entries you are using ,or with the not weighing everything that is usually the culprit and you could be eating more than you think. the beef lasagna from tuesday, did you make it and make a recipe entry or did you use someone elses entry? a lot of your food entries are the same weights, nothing weighs the same all the time so that could also be where you are going wrong. what are you measuring? only liquids should be measured
  • Jesslane93
    Options

In my drinks section where cordial is, that is my water intake for the day. 100ml of made up cordial, I add an extra 200ml of water to it, so the cordial is very weak, but I struggle to drink straight water.
  • Jesslane93
    Options
    Jesslane93 wrote: »

I am 5 foot 3 (163cm)
    156 pounds (71 kg)

are you using a food scale and picking accurate entries? it shows some solids in grams and others in ml. all solids and semi solids should be in grams. . also I see some of your fruit as apple-1 medium. 3 medium apples can range in size,weight and calories. the dominos pizza is that a slice or? are you properly weighing your sugar in your tea? are you actually weighing your 2 slices of bread? they arent going to be 74g every time.

There has to be either errors in the entries you are using ,or with the not weighing everything that is usually the culprit and you could be eating more than you think. the beef lasagna from tuesday, did you make it and make a recipe entry or did you use someone elses entry? a lot of your food entries are the same weights, nothing weighs the same all the time so that could also be where you are going wrong. what are you measuring? only liquids should be measured

Almost all my dinner including lasagne are entered into the recipe maker section with mince/cheese/sauces and all that weighed out. I do use a food scale to weight things in grams, and a measuring cup for things in mls. My cuppa tea is also logged through the recipe make and I weight my sugar, and use the measuring cup for mls of milk.
  • serindipte
    Options
    Drink water and 2 tbsp. of vinager in the morning and at night and eat half a grapefruit before evey meals and drink nothing but water all day 5 or more bottles. I just eat broccoli and fish or chicken 3 meals a day and have lost 6 pds in 1 1/2 wks.

Not this.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I suggest measuring your arms and thighs, and your waist. Then doing so in a couple weeks. Most likely the "issue" is that you are building healthy muscle, which weighs more than fat. It isn't going down because your body is healthily transforming extra weight to muscle. if you are, your thighs and arms will get bigger, but your waist will be the same or slightly smaller

no,its very hard to build muscle in a deficit and being female its hard builiding it in a surplus. you dont transform extra weight to muscle. its not how it works. muscle per lb weighs the same as fat. she could get newbie gains, or get gains is she has come off a hiatus,or has really good genetics but its not going to be enough for the scale to not move and it tapers off after being in a deficit for awhile.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, and was wondering how much 2 grams of margarine was..it is only about 1/4 tsp. That isn't enough to keep you from losing, tho.

• Jesslane93
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, and was wondering how much 2 grams of margarine was..it is only about 1/4 tsp. That isn't enough to keep you from losing, tho.

I place my piece of bread on my digital scale, set the scale to 0, then spread on my margarine. 2 grams is what my scale reads. I have it very, very light.
  • Jesslane93
    Options
    thanks all for input. I will review my weighing of foods, and try to drink more water a day, see if that helps. I am closing my diary again now. Thank you
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    Couple of quick comments:

a) When we pour a measure it is not always 100% the same. So f.e. you have a recipe for tea and milk; but, I at least vary what I pour. Whether that is a material difference is another issue.

b) are you weighing yourself dressed at different times at a drug store? that could definitely present problems. Same time/location/dressed the same way/after using washroom /before eating or drinking.

c) if a full 4-6 weeks have gone by including one complete monthly cycle then I would consider dropping calories. HOWEVER, a "valid" count for your weight is between equal points of your menstrual cycle, not within a day or two of a particularly large feast or eating out that involved more sodium than normal, and not when sore from exercise or injury.