Happy Ramadan

Options
vegmebuff
vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
Hi all...
curious - what do your typical early breakfast and late night meals usually consist of? Do you eat 'a lot' so that you are not hungry throughout the day, or just normally for the meal?

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak! I can't fast unfortunately, but when I used to, I was the type to eat suhoor. Anything With protein and fiber like a veggie omelette or breakfast stir fry. I would get sick if I ate too much, so I ate whatever filled me up.

Iftaar was whatever my family served - Egyptian/Middle Eastern cuisine.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    Had to look up the terms 'suhoor' and 'Iflaar' and looked at some recipes that might be served at each...yummy
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    There's a building in Dubai so tall that residents on the top floors have to start* Ramadan at a different time than the ground level floors because they see the sunset later.

ETA: *Or end it, I don't know exactly which part is which

I guess that's when a ground level suite is better...
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Hi all...
    curious - what do your typical early breakfast and late night meals usually consist of? Do you eat 'a lot' so that you are not hungry throughout the day, or just normally for the meal?

It depends person to person but since you're asking what I usually do, at the time of iftar (sunset. Around 7:00 PM in Saudi Arabia) I eat 2-4 dates with about 4-5 pakora and whatever I have cooked (usually flat bread and some form of curry). Then I pray etc and nap a bit and around 11:00 PM I drink 2 scoops of protein powder with water and then head off to gym. On the way back from gym, if I am feeling hungry, I will take a shawarma sandwich. At sunrise prayer (suhur) I usually don't eat at all and only drink water.

My wife, she basically just snacks on various foods all night and taunts me. So, Mrs. taunto taunts taunto.
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There's a building in Dubai so tall that residents on the top floors have to start* Ramadan at a different time than the ground level floors because they see the sunset later.

ETA: *Or end it, I don't know exactly which part is which

lolwut?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @vegmebuff I moved this to food an nutrition. Chit chat has issues keeping any thread serious.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    Thanks...I was beginning to think I shouldn't have posted at all...