Help settle a preworkout argument

Options
2»

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    So I had a similar issue with protein bars. I do all of the grocery shopping right now because I’m working more. I buy protein bars for the house and then separate ones for me because of my allergies, we all like grabbing them as snacks. Mine unfortunately cost significantly more and I can’t eat the other ones. For some reason my husband decided he liked mine better for a post workout snack and started taking them. I got frustrated and talked to him about it and explained he was leaving me without any when he did that.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like to take preworkout before hitting the gym. My husband who does not go to the gym wants to drink my preworkout as a caffeine drink to help wake him up. I constantly tell him no I don't want him drinking it just for energy and to just make a cup of coffee. Am I wrong for this? I feel like it should only be used before strenuous activity. I guess I'm also concerned that if I let him have it once for this purpose, he will just drink it all and I won't have any for when I go to workout. Thoughts?

Buy enough for both of you.
    Tell him you each get x number of drinks per week. If he drinks more than his share he needs to replace it.
    Or re-evaluate whether you even need to buy this stuff at all.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Preworkout is basically flavored caffeine, he can have it even if he doesn’t work out if you’re willing to share...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Preworkout is a caffeine drink. I don't see any reason why it can only be ingested before strenuous activity.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how he could want to drink something that you bought specifically for some purpose for yourself. I find this incredibly inconsiderate.
    :neutral:
    Just tell him to buy one for himself (or that you'll buy one for him next time).
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Mine can have whatever as long as it's not bought with a specific purpose - if it is, I make it clear from the beginning. Sure he's going to stick his fingers into them (it's usually protein bars I get online which he uses as a chocolate replacement) but at least he doesn't overdo it. Makes me crazy when I see a half-eaten bar when I come home, just because he forgot he doesn't like them and wanted a snack, but the optimist in me would just say that at least he just ate HALF.

In this particular case, I don't think you're inconsiderate or weird about it. I think it should be pretty clear that the preworkout has a specific purpose and destination, and if he wants some, he'll have to get it from an outside source. I'd let him try it though, and then ask him to buy more - if the beverage is basically just caffeine and the price is several times higher than that of coffee, he'll probably stay away after making that replacement shopping.