Looking for a good pair of wireless earbuds... suggestions?

Options
I'm trying to find a good pair of wireless earbuds to use while working out. I'd like something that is comfortable and will stay snugly in my ears while I'm working out -- I do a lot of cardio and running. I'm particularly looking for one of those truly wireless pairs that are just the earbuds with no cords attached at all. Preferably I'd like something that is good quality but $50 or less.

Any suggestions on brands that you've bought and enjoyed?

Replies

• cleesus
    cleesus Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It will be hard to find a good pair of truly wirelesss headphones in that price range, truly wireless being the ones with no cords at all.

I actually have a few pairs because I love truly wireless headphones but none I can personally recommend at that price point.

Now if you are fine with wireless earphones that have a wire running from earbud to earbud then Anker and Mpow makes some cool ones you can get on Amazon. You will find quite a few under $50, make sure to look for ones with water/sweat resistance, usually signified by IPX5 or IPX6 rating in the description or they will say sweat or waterproof/resistant.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_11?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=anker+wireless+earbuds&sprefix=anker+wirel,aps,141&crid=2OW45OP9RS4WS

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mpow+wireless+earbuds&rh=i:aps,k:mpow+wireless+earbuds

There is a few truly wireless headphones in those amazon results i linked for under $50 but idk how reliable they will be long term

Try to find some that look comfortable since there are a few different designs. Let me know if you have questions
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find a good pair of wireless earbuds to use while working out. I'd like something that is comfortable and will stay snugly in my ears while I'm working out -- I do a lot of cardio and running. I'm particularly looking for one of those truly wireless pairs that are just the earbuds with no cords attached at all. Preferably I'd like something that is good quality but $50 or less.

Any suggestions on brands that you've bought and enjoyed?

As odd as it sound, I have a pair of $20 ones I bought at Walgreens while on vacation last year because I forgot mine at home. They work great! They are ugly (had the choice between pastel blue or pink flowers), but who cares as long as they work. They are almost a year old, I use them almost daily and still work.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you want to go up in price, I feel you get what you pay for. I just bought Jaybird X3's and absolutely love them. Also not sure where you live but I paid 130 Canadian for them
  • rubrink
    rubrink Posts: 43 Member
    Options
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the Bose wireless but they will exceed your target $$
  • scruff_farrier
    scruff_farrier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the LG's....I have wore them during 3 years of intense oilfeild work in rain, snow, sweat, dust.... Also 2 years of various other jobs and work outs...in all that time I had to replace them one time...only because the left ear bud of my first pair got ripped of buy something at work. Didn't stop working mind you, still works and holds a charge just only has one ear bud. Charge lasts anywhere between 10-12 hours. Hard to beat them. Let me see if I can get you a link...also they typically run about 60-70 bucks.
  • scruff_farrier
    scruff_farrier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    LG Electronics Tone Pro HBS-760 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WE1QYX0/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_DE0bBbETYAH5R Those are my second pair.

LG TONE ULTRA HBS-820 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headset - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WW8XQFW/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_GG0bBbQMMV7NY

My first pair....They say they aren't "water proof" but they survived more thunderstorms then I can count being around my neck in the pouring rain...I would almost consider swimming with these, haha, almost.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Plantronics Backbeat currently on sale at Costco for $50. I have had mine for a couple of years and they are well-designed and durable. Spent the $$ on some AirPods a couple of months ago but find myself going back to the Backbeat for workouts. They are more sweat proof and easier to operate.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    Plantronics Backbeat currently on sale at Costco for $50. I have had mine for a couple of years and they are well-designed and durable. Spent the $$ on some AirPods a couple of months ago but find myself going back to the Backbeat for workouts. They are more sweat proof and easier to operate.

If you mean the Backbeat Fit, though, those do have the cord connecting them behind the head.

I have these as well and I love them, they are the best sports headphones I've ever owned. They stay put, are water resistant, the battery life is solid, they are not noise cancelling and allow ambient noise in (huge for me since I run and cycle outdoors and like to listen to audiobooks while remaining aware of my surroundings), I can take phone calls with them if necessary, they're sturdy, and the customer service was exceptional when my first pair was destroyed by my puppy grabbing them off a counter and chewing them up.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Azdak wrote: »

If you mean the Backbeat Fit, though, those do have the cord connecting them behind the head.

I have these as well and I love them, they are the best sports headphones I've ever owned. They stay put, are water resistant, the battery life is solid, they are not noise cancelling and allow ambient noise in (huge for me since I run and cycle outdoors and like to listen to audiobooks while remaining aware of my surroundings), I can take phone calls with them if necessary, they're sturdy, and the customer service was exceptional when my first pair was destroyed by my puppy grabbing them off a counter and chewing them up.

I couldn’t remember the style, so I figured “backbeat” was enough. And, yes, they have a cord, but based on other comments (and the $50 budget), I figured reality was going to set in sooner or later and the OP might as well get the best earphones they could afford. :D

And I agree about the noise feature—crucial for doing stuff outdoors.