Eating out tonight... worried

Options
Hi all,

I'm meeting a friend tonight and will likely go for a meal at a pub. I know I can order lower calorie foods to meet my goals. However, I kind of feel like ordering a 'normal meal', and just relaxing...I know it's not a big deal in the long run. And, well I'm something of a weight loss veteran so experience is telling me it's not a big deal as well.

The issue seems to be, I've committed for nearly a month now to a calorie deficit so I can finally shift the last 15 or so pounds. I'm actually frightened of losing motivation...at the same time, I want to be able to go out and enjoy myself.

I hope this all makes sense! I guess I'm just venting really, and also wondering if any of you get a little anxious about eating out?

Replies

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    No. One night won't derail anything. Go enjoy yourself.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Would changing your perspective help? Think of this as a part of your weight loss process, not a deviation. Maybe thinking of it as a "refeed" may help you with the mental side of it.
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options

@amusedmonkey thinking of it as a refeed is a good idea.

I think part of my reason for worrying is because the most difficult part of losing weight for me, is getting into the mindset to deal with a calorie deficit.

I am looking forward to tonight. I just hope I don't get so anxious next time over something I know is trivial in the long run.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A day at maintenance won't hurt in the long run.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I used to have anxiety about eating out. Now I don't. I do one of two things: decide whether this is just a replacement for a regular meal, in which case I try to stay within calories and plan accordingly, or whether it is a special event (like when my dad came to town...he lives half way across the country and I only see him 2-3 times per year). If it's a special event I make note of what I eat, but don't concern myself with staying within my calorie range, and I might also order dessert, which I don't do if it's just an ordinary meal out.

So far it works for me.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm meeting a friend tonight and will likely go for a meal at a pub. I know I can order lower calorie foods to meet my goals. However, I kind of feel like ordering a 'normal meal', and just relaxing...I know it's not a big deal in the long run. And, well I'm something of a weight loss veteran so experience is telling me it's not a big deal as well.

The issue seems to be, I've committed for nearly a month now to a calorie deficit so I can finally shift the last 15 or so pounds. I'm actually frightened of losing motivation...at the same time, I want to be able to go out and enjoy myself.

I hope this all makes sense! I guess I'm just venting really, and also wondering if any of you get a little anxious about eating out?

Discipline and resolve can get a person through a period of losing motivation. Having a night out doesn't need to be the end of the world :)
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I had a lovely evening and I don't regret it at all.

Back to the deficit today :)