Is it worth it to purchase the upgrade on free weight tracking apps?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
I recently got the Happy Scale tracking app and I really love it. I feel like MFP could really benefit from a "mini goal" system, but this is wonderful too.

However, the data seems really precarious. I think if I'm understanding it right, it won't sync with the health app or be saved if I delete the app or if I got a new phone and wanted to transfer the info. It would all just be gone. Unless I upgrade.

I suppose like, I'll keep my MFP weigh ins fine. I would just lose some of those fluctuations that I didn't input. Idk. I just don't like that it can disappear like that. I'm not even sure I understand it fully.

I'd be interested to know what opinions are from people who have some of these apps and have chosen to upgrade or not based on what criteria. It's totally interesting to me if you chose to upgrade for a different reason, I'm curious about other people's experiences.

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I bought deluxe happy scale. If I did, I shouldn't have, since I use trendweight 100x more.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Happy scale data transferred to my new iphone with no problem. If you want to switch to Android then no it won’t transfer because happy scale app is available only on iOS.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Happy scale data transferred to my new iphone with no problem. If you want to switch to Android then no it won’t transfer because happy scale app is available only on iOS.

Thank you!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I must have bought Happy Scale premium since I don't ever see any ads.

Mine syncs to Dropbox so I have a backup.

I log my weight in Happy Scale every morning. Been doing that over 3 years. Love the data!!!

However, I just checked, and I see I can set it to write weights to the iOS Health app. I just set it to do that. Yay!

I think it's definitely worth paying for. It can't have been much, knowing me. I would happily pay a fair bit more since I use it every day, and I want to thank the developers.