What's Your Weights w/o Routine for Calves?

Options
13»

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Genetics!!!! I have awesome calves...........and never do isolation calve exercises. :bigsmile:

This! My dad has HUGE calf muscles and I inherited them!
    Calf envy to all of you!:wink:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Question: Since this topic deals with calves. Do you HAVE to work out calves? I mean, I'm doing all other compound lifts but my calves, thanks to my Dad, already look nice and strong. If I forgo isolated calve exercises, will that be the end of the world?

It is probably not necessary but I like to work them through the full range of motion that they dont really get with most of the big compounds. From the stretch (toes towards the shin) all the way to the contraction (tip toes).

A lot of people have trouble squatting really low because of lack of mobility in the ankle/calves. I do a lot of hiking and mountain biking and I want all of my leg to be as strong and flexible as possible. My calves have only grown about 1/2" in 2 years so it really isnt going to add a lot of size but the amount of weight has gone up significantly.
    I am sure they look different, too...like stronger, and balanced. Like the idea of maintaining full range of motion while building strength!

Awesome answers, everybody, I am reading them all.